Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italian Restaurants in Brighton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
we have found a little gem of a place....its on the corner of Shirley drive and Woodland Drive in Hove....in the parade of shops.

If you get to go, try the Dorada......bellissimo!!!

Second and third this one !!!!

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
we have found a little gem of a place....its on the corner of Shirley drive and Woodland Drive in Hove....in the parade of shops.

If you get to go, try the Dorada......bellissimo!!!

As it's run by Iranians (or somesuch!) the menu is only partially Italian with a few wierd dishes thrown in!

Friendly and nice atmosphere though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The best one is in Hove = Leonardo. Just won another award.

Went there at Christmas: never again. Worst service I've ever encountered in an Italian restaurant by some way.

The plan was to have a leisurely meal, some pudding and a gentle stroll to the panto at the Old Market. We ended up skipping desert and having to leg it down the road to get our seats in the nick of time. How a restaurant can take an hour and 40 minutes to deliver a few pizzas beats me - but they managed it. The restaurant only had a few people in it - if it had been crowded no doubt we wouldn't have been served at all.

Of course, our kids were getting hungrier and hungrier all the time, which wasn't fun. The food wasn't all that much either - although at least it wasn't as bad as Donatellos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats the thing against Al Doumo, i confess i havent been there for some time, has it gone down hill or is it just cool to trash it? :shrug:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Went there at Christmas: never again. Worst service I've ever encountered in an Italian restaurant by some way.

The plan was to have a leisurely meal, some pudding and a gentle stroll to the panto at the Old Market. We ended up skipping desert and having to leg it down the road to get our seats in the nick of time. How a restaurant can take an hour and 40 minutes to deliver a few pizzas beats me - but they managed it. The restaurant only had a few people in it - if it had been crowded no doubt we wouldn't have been served at all.

Of course, our kids were getting hungrier and hungrier all the time, which wasn't fun. The food wasn't all that much either - although at least it wasn't as bad as Donatellos.

Sounds like a bad expierence. I don't like it when food turns up quickly but 1hr40 does seem excessive. Christmas can always be an iffy time though and often isn't representative. I've always had very good service at Leonardo. I'm off there tomorrow night and if I do have a bad time I'll be big enough to come on here and admit it :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
whats the thing against Al Doumo, i confess i havent been there for some time, has it gone down hill or is it just cool to trash it? :shrug:

I've never rated it. Mediocre food, appallingly miserable service, bad atmosphere. Each visit was a bit worse than the previous. I've given up on it completely now.

Seriously, go to Si Signore in Sydney Street. Excellent freshly cooked pasta, good service, decent prices, BYO wine or beer (though someone said they now serve booze and charge £2 corkage on BYOs). Quiet, quaint little bijou place, and I've never had a bad meal there.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sounds like a bad expierence. I don't like it when food turns up quickly but 1hr40 does seem excessive. Christmas can always be an iffy time though and often isn't representative. I've always had very good service at Leonardo. I'm off there tomorrow night and if I do have a bad time I'll be big enough to come on here and admit it :)

Yeah. When food turns up after 5 mins, you know something's wrong ...but waiting with two 5-and-unders can be fraught experience when they're hungry

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Yeah. When food turns up after 5 mins, you know something's wrong ...but waiting with two 5-and-unders can be fraught experience when they're hungry

I bet. Fill 'em up with sweets next time (probably just as well I don't have kids eh?).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here