Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italian Football

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
enigma said:
You have to remember though part of the problem is that England's national team fans are the major problem- the clubs arent bad at all. In Italy noone gives a shit and there's hardly ever violence at the games.

You have to be kidding. Are you honestly saying there is no violence at Italy games? How about the last time we played Italy, that night in Rome was a disgrace. The English fans were pelted for an hour, then the police waded in.

... and club games in Italy are some of the most violent in the World. Lazio vs Livorne (however you spell it) is hardly a friendly affair.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
enigma said:
In Italy noone gives a shit and there's hardly ever violence at the games.

:D Thats the most un true post Ive ever seen on this board

top work fella:clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
brightonfan_86 said:
Well the Juventus fans want revenge for Heysel. And that was an official warning and Liverpool fans should of been aware of it.

I'm agreeing with you mate, you are making perfect sense. They should randomly pick out 50 Liverpool fans tonight, line them up against a wall, and shoot them. Yep, that'll even it all up, and everyone can happily get on with their lives knowing honour is now even.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Well the Juventus fans want revenge for Heysel. And that was an official warning and Liverpool fans should of been aware of it.

Official warning from who? The Juve fans?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Yeah from the Juve fans.

The Official Supporters group or just a bunch of fans? In what way was it official?

Mate, you cannot argue that just because they have been warned that they should not travel. It's up to the autorities to ensure Liverpool fans are safe on their trip to Turin at all times.

E

enigma

Sorry I didnt make sense on my post, so Redland calm down. Noone in Italy gives a shit about the national team so violent incidents are few and far between in Italy games. That England game is the only one I can think of.

The club teams in England are actually well behaved abroad now as well, thats what I meant, I wasnt talking about Italian clubs. Its the England supporters who are worse than club fans.

Italian games are more uncivilised in terms of the ultras but in the main stands people are a lot more tolerant if you wear another teams shirt. Loads of people in Milan wear Inter/Milan shirts in the others normal stands and there is never violence in those areas. I would feel more threatened in a hardcore area in Italy but much safer in a normal ticket section in Italy. I've never seen violence apart from in the Ultra sections.Its a lot better segregated in Italy.

Lazio-Livorno was violent because of the opposing political beliefs of the supporters. Thats another thing about Italy, most "curve" are politicised

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But the Heysel Stadium disaster was an isolated incident involving Liverpool fans - unless you include the kicking they took off AS Roma 12 months earlier - but it didn't make it any less serious. Just as you cannot dismiss what happened last time Italy met England.

It's true to say that the majority of the violence is domestic in Italy (and has always been with the National team with England) but again it doesn't lessen the impact or the need for the authorities to take a stand.

Inter's next games in Europe will be tin pot matches against tin pot opposion, so a couple of "behind closed doors" matches mean nothing. The crowds in Italy for most European games are dreadful, that would be no punishment. Also, it's not just Inter who should suffer. Italy have a problem - it being merely the "ultras" is irrelevant - and are not doing anything about it.

There needs to be a European ban for 12 months on all Italian sides, and then maybe they'll get the message and do something about it. We got banned and acted .... it's a tough lesson but one Italy needs to learn.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:

Also, it's not just Inter who should suffer. Italy have a problem - it being merely the "ultras" is irrelevant - and are not doing anything about it.

There needs to be a European ban for 12 months on all Italian sides, and then maybe they'll get the message and do something about it. We got banned and acted .... it's a tough lesson but one Italy needs to learn.

:clap:

It seems that it's almost allowed because it's 'only the Ultras' sometimes. SO, it's ALL English fans that are hell bent on causing violence is it?

Last edited:

E

enigma

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. The Ultras movement is a problem as a whole, its lawless and police are too scared to go their. I like the banners there and the singing but the fireworks are unnecessary. I think the government will definitely be doing something.

I dont think a ban on all Italian clubs is ultimately what is needed, I think Italy needs to sort out the problem at home and can deal with it adequately without penalising other clubs whose supporters have better "records".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
enigma said:
I like the banners

Even those that were being waved at the Lazio vs Livorna match the other day?

So you trust Silvio Bernuscoli to sort it out do you? I wouldn't trust him with the beer kitty on a night out.

Sorry, but UEFA must take action to force the hands of the powers in Italy, or it will be no more than words and good intension.

E

enigma

No but they could check the banners easily... in fact generally they do, it seems only at Lazio where they get away with it.....

Some of Inters banners have been humorous, others have been brilliant at emphasising the supporters disillusion with the club.

I think they can sort it out but Italy isnt the best run country sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:

lets remember it was Silvio Bernuscoli who led and lobbied for english clubs to be kicked out.

He wanted to changed the Tv rights system, wanted to boost his own club and italian football and of course getting rid of english footballl, easily the best at that time assisted all of his aims.

uefa are basically crap, take no real action, offer petty punishments, they do not want to gain the wrath of the latin quarter.

itaslian football violence is a disgrace at the moment, on par with the UK in the 80's real action is needed now!

LC:censored:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
enigma said:
I dont think a ban on all Italian clubs is ultimately what is needed, I think Italy needs to sort out the problem at home and can deal with it adequately without penalising other clubs whose supporters have better "records".

I think that's what we were all saying about British hooligans in the 80s.

Unfortunately, the ban was the only thing that really made everyone - including the hoolies - stop and think about the problem and how to deal with it.

Italy may need a bit of that sort of treatment. If their clubs were more successful in Europe, Turkey and Holland probably wouldn't be far behind, either.

Last edited:

wales supported were violently attacked whist in Italy and a Scottish reporter just outlined on radio 5, his fans being attacked in an orchestrated attack, supported by stewards.

So bollocks it a national problem in Italy.

Just that Italian supporters just don't travel away aka last years Championship.

LC:eek:

E

enigma

Maybe you're right about national team incidents but there isnt much trouble inside the games usually.. I watch Italy games on the TV regularly and doesnt seem to be a problem..but who knows?
Outside there may well be problems. Fans certainly dont care about Italy as much as England fands care about England.

Maybe a ban is necessary but whilst I am an Inter fan, I think we are the ones most deserving a ban, harsh to take it out on everyone else, Juve and Milan are generally well behaved (tonight excepted with the scousers). The Rome clubs are bad- Roma violence and Lazio more racism.

Berlusconi is a joke and so are UEFA. Look at the fine they gave Aragones and the way they ignore racist incidents at Real Madrid regularly. They couldnt sort through their post let alone sort problems. If Italian clubs get banned the Turks should have done years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here