Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Italian football returns - but with no fans allowed at most games

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6340537.stm

It looks like only five Serie A and Serie B stadiums in Italy will be permitted to let spectators in - and away fans will be banned from all games:-

The Stadio Olimpico in Rome (home of Roma and Lazio), the Artemio Franchi in Siena (AC Siena), the Stadio Olimpico in Turin (Juventus and Torino), Renzo Barbera in Palermo (Palermo) and Bologna's Renato Dall'Ara.

No evening games either.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I know it may take you some time Brackers but what do you really think is behind this sudden CRACKDOWN? It's got to be more than the death of the copper the other day hasn't it?

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I know it may take you some time Brackers but what do you really think is behind this sudden CRACKDOWN? It's got to be more than the death of the copper the other day hasn't it?
It's quite obvious that this is a crackdown on the Ultras - who have increasingly been given licence by the major clubs to rule the stadiums.

The key requirement under the new rules is for stadiums to control ticket sales properly - with numbered seats and electronic turnstiles that ensure that everyone who enters a ground has their identity recorded.

It looks like Celtic's game at the San Siro will be a quiet affair.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
It's quite obvious that this is a crackdown on the Ultras - who have increasingly been given licence by the major clubs to rule the stadiums.

The key requirement under the new rules is for stadiums to control ticket sales properly - with numbered seats and electronic turnstiles that ensure that everyone who enters a ground has their identity recorded.

Yes, yes, yes.. but what do we do about the fans in block H ?

It's interesting that the Withdean of Tuscany seems to be one of the few stadiums to meet the security requirements:-

siena3.jpg

Although even they have a darker side ...

adesivo09.jpg

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

I see they are thinking about playing that elsewhere. France and Switzerland being touted as the likely venues.

Switzerland for crying out loud. Red cross FAKERS.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Italian football is shit, I'd rather wipe my arse than watch that ennui.

I've just been delving around the AC Siena website to find out how their secure ticketing system works.

It would seem that tickets are only sold to people who supply the following information at the point of sale:-

Name; Place of Birth; Date of Birth; Address.

When you arrive at the ground, the ticket is checked electronically against the state Identity Card that the ticket-holder is carrying.

If anyone wants to pass a ticket on to another person, the purchaser of the ticket has to fax the personal information about the purchaser that was registered at the point of sale, together with the same personal information about the actual user of the ticket (who will have to present their state ID card for checking against those details at the turnstile). This can be done on the day of the game or earlier and the rules apply regardless of whether it is a season ticket or a one-off match ticket that is being transferred.

Apart from season tickets, no tickets are sold by the football club. Single match tickets are only available (from the Wednesday before the game) at certain shops, tobacconists and bars in the city centre, the bus station or the premises of one of the supporters' clubs.

But you can get to watch Serie A football for as little as €18 (€12 for students, women, senior citizens, etc; and €5 for kids under 12).

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Closing the stadiums is not the way forward IMO.

The people causing the trouble will still be there when they re-open. More policing & stewarding of the fans is what is needed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We're f***ed for euro 2012, Croatia/Hungary [no chance], Poland or Italy I believe it is. I wouldn't fancy to going to any of those places for a major final!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here