Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was twenty years ago today ...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bluejuice said:
f*** right off Croydonbloke, Thatcher is the very personification of evil.

Only a Palace fan could come up with such shite

At risk of turning this thread into a slanging match ( which I'm sure wasn't LBs intention ) I agree with Croydonbloke but am certainly not a Palace fan.

Thatcher was good for this country at that particular time - it needed a good kick up the backside. Admittedly she had her faults but no leader has been perfect including Blair, Heath, Churchill et al.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm not saying that I want the IRA to have blown her up but I suspect there will be widespread public rejoicing when that evil and poisonous old witch finally snuffs it. I'll certainly be joining in with gusto.

I'm looking forward to it - it should be interesting. It'll be like the Diana effect, i.e. millions of folk feel genuinely upset while at least as many others wonder what all this fuss is about. There'll be solemn-faced newsreaders introducing clips of champagne corks being popped on street corners.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Croydonbloke said:
Thatcher stands head and shoulders above any current leader.
She knew what Britain stood for, and i reckon half of these foreign imports wouldn`t be here today that`s for sure, it would have been stamped out years ago.
Ok sorry it`s turned into a politics thread, but don`t under estimate the power of that woman.
Thatcher destroyed entire communities, ransacked jobs, closed down British manufacturing, and has the blood of thousands on her hands.

How typical of South London pikeys and insular do-gooders from the wealthy suburbs on this thread to stand up for the most spiteful, nasty person ever to run this country since Parliament took over from the monarch.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
The Large One said:
Thatcher destroyed entire communities, ransacked jobs, closed down British manufacturing, and has the blood of thousands on her hands.

How typical of South London pikeys and insular do-gooders from the wealthy suburbs on this thread to stand up for the most spiteful, nasty person ever to run this country since Parliament took over from the monarch.

:clap:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I was living in a flat in Goldstone Road, Hove.... and me and the missus remember waking up at some ungodly hour in the night, both at the same time, but both of us not knowing why. it appeared in retrospect that we must have both heard the explosion in our sleep.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Anyone who is in doubt about the Thatch should remember her heartfealt support for that renowned democrat and peace activist General Pinochet.

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
Croydonbloke said:
Thatcher stands head and shoulders above any current leader.
She knew what Britain stood for, and i reckon half of these foreign imports wouldn`t be here today that`s for sure, it would have been stamped out years ago.
Ok sorry it`s turned into a politics thread, but don`t under estimate the power of that woman.

CB - I don't think you understand where the power came from. Then, as now, it was money that had the power and, in this case it was that evil little bastard Dennis who loved to be portrayed as some innocent drunk.

:rolleyes:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The Large One said:

Can't disagree....mind you!..... it appears that your very own 'Lionel' is heading in the very same direction...... or can you not see that, being that your eyesight is obvioulsly obscured by the avenues of 'red flag' ideaology often quoted in this board.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think that you can associate Bambi with the red flag. He can hardly destroy entire communities, ransack jobs, or close down British manufacturing, there's not that many left. As for the blood of thousands on his hands - of course he has.

But given the choice between Thatcher and Blair - it's a no-brainer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here