Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It was the best of times and the worst of times.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
With only two Harty's fan phone-in's left looking for listeners own personal best times and worst times as an Albion fan.

Usual number 08459570057 lines open 4.30pm Saturday

Thanks

Harty

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2 harty phone ins this season, or forever?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
may i call to challenge that tart from bexill who said i wasnt a true fan:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

BarrelofFun said:
Last two ever?? What is happening Harty?

Apparently 1066 has set up his own pirate station and will be broadcasting wearing a Harty mask made from a Rice Krispy box. This is illegal and has forced Harty to resign from scr, sell all his wordly goods and join an order of mute monks living in the woods behind Withdean.

As I say they are mute monks so every cloud has a silver linning.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Franks Wild Years said:
Apparently 1066 has set up his own pirate station and will be broadcasting wearing a Harty mask made from a Rice Krispy box. This is illegal and has forced Harty to resign from scr, sell all his wordly goods and join an order of mute monks living in the woods behind Withdean.

As I say they are mute monks so every cloud has a silver linning.

:lolol:

Wouldn't surprise me.

I am a member of a mute monk faction, I haven't heard anything about a Harty joining us. I will ring the leader, but don't expect anything useful from that...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Worst of times ? Seeing Brian Clough's Brighton lose 4-0 at home to Walton and Hersham following an 8-2 home reverse by Bristol Rpvers (it was televised).

Best of times ? St James Park May 1979.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worst - the last season at the Goldstone because of all the depressing things going on.

Best - St James Park 1979 tied with the unexpected win at the Millennium

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Worst: any of the visits to Gillingham - truly depressing

Best (among many): FA Cup Semi-final at Highbury, 1983 and the drawn Final at Wembley.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Funny, isn't it that I can think of so many best of times, but so few worst of times. I really do enjoy following our wonderful football club.

How can you pick a best from:

FA Cup Final
FA Cup Semi-Final
Newcastle away 1979
Back to back Championships
Millenium Stadium with my kids
Palace away 2005
Wallsall 7 - 0
Watching Peter Ward in his prime
Bobby Zamora scoring for fun

I think my worst of times has to be inadvertantly driving past the Goldstone when the diggers were on the pitch. :cry: It's made my eyes water just thinking of it again. You bastards Archer and Bellotti.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here