Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IT recruitment agencies?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Jimmy Saville said:
Noooooooooooooooo! ;)

Lammy, the best thing to do is to go on gojobsite.co.uk, jobserve.co.uk or Monster and see who has got what.

People think of agencies as the fix, but the reality is they can only help you if they have the right job for you. Look at the jobs first, then worry about the agency.

Like the signature :thumbsup:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
And you can F*ck right off you F*cking leper who got his missus off a telphone box in the leper colony!

I have been sleeping with your mum since BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, and personally wrote the protocol for the sinclair ZX81 while you and Scumster and After Eight or whatever his F*cking name is were bumming each other up in the cubs!

:lolol: :clap: :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
So you stayed in a job for 18 months just because you couldn't face dealing with agencies???

yep. thats how trumatised i was by the lying decietfull bastards.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dylan_bha said:
Lammy what is your bag?? IT wise, before anyone jumps on with a cheap reply???

Programmer

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
mainly C/C++ but done a bit of C#.net

Wow, this is like an online interview...

Last edited:

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
if you want something in sussex then there are some C#.net type jobs on wiredsussex.com (not recruitment agents).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
Did you get a job via a "lying deceitful sick bastard"?

no, i ended up staying at my current employer... hence why ive been here 18 mths too long.

are you in the trade then? can you prove the exception?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
See the thread in NSC Gold. I'm not going through it all again (you'll see why when you read it!). It's a funny industry with plenty of sharks, but just as many people who work really hard to do a good professional job for their clients and candidates.

I don't think I am the exception, just one of many that does not meet the stereotype. I couldn't help you because you are not in my market (we speciliase in grads and generally get very little, if any work for experienced people).

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Lammy said:
mainly C/C++ but done a bit of C#.net

Wow, this is like an online interview...

now there's and Idea - could the NSC collective actually interview someone online. Perhaps we could have a Q&A with a NSC regular as a weekly event.

Hang on - i think i've just had the worst idea ever...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Normal Rob said:
now there's and Idea - could the NSC collective actually interview someone online. Perhaps we could have a Q&A with a NSC regular as a weekly event.

Hang on - i think i've just had the worst idea ever...

My favourite interview story (and not one that involved me)

A girl I know interviewed with Time Out. Bear in mind that she is quite a pretty young thing. She interviewed with two blokes.

They asked her what her weaknesses were and she said it was probably her organisational skills, but was quick to point out that that was somewhat strange, as she was very anal in the bedroom!

Cue fits of laughter and an interview that fell apart as the two blokes sniggered through the rest of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lammy said:
Anyone know any good ones for the south east / london ?

Jobserve.com is pretty much the default for finding IT jobs.

Click on the job you fancy, attach your CV and fire it off as an email. The actual agency is pretty much irrelevent really. The cowboys rode off into the sunset years ago, and the ones that deal with the blue chip clients wouldn't dare screw the contractor, much as they would dearly love to, cos it's more than their Preferred supplier Status is worth.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't used one for a few years now but most of them were pretty crap - plenty of turning up for interviews to find the job was nothing like they had told you.

My employer has started using Spring recently. Employer is happy as they aren't sending time wasters down and talking to some of the contractors we have had from them, they are pretty good from the job hunter's side of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here