Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It Must Be BRILLIANT Being In The Navy!

I do hope you are having a laugh here! The RAF and the Navy are so far back they send their washing forward! When the Navy get into the war and stop parading around the Bahamas in their 3 ships and a tug boat then and only then will i have any respect for them (except their pilots, they are ace)

RAF - waste of time and money :tantrum:

Navy - too small to be any bloody good or any bloody use :tantrum:

I have no affiliation to the fine and wonderful British Army who are the best in the world, what so ever.

although the army isn't a whole lot of use without either the Navy or the air Force to get them into battle:wozza:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
??? Do we not have the best Navy in the world or one of the best? :shrug:

Very hard to quantify this, what makes the 'best' navy, size? then it is the US, busiest? then the US, Russian, ours, china and the N koreans are pretty busy. Well trained? we are lucky as our sailors have more time at sea than most other navy's due to the number of ships and requirement for power projection around the world. I believe, and happy to be corrected, that we have the third largest tonnage navy. but untill we have an all out Armada style battle out in the Channel who know!

as the son of a navy bomb disposal officer and the father of a royal marine can I just say, THPP & SC f*** OFF :thumbsup:

You must have a lot of womens clothing in your house!:lol:

although the army isn't a whole lot of use without either the Navy or the air Force to get them into battle:wozza:

Is that why the RAF higher civilian charter aircraft to ferry the army into the middle east and why the last time the Navy took an significant proportion of a fighting force into battle was the falklands?:wave:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Is that why the RAF higher civilian charter aircraft to ferry the army into the middle east and why the last time the Navy took an significant proportion of a fighting force into battle was the falklands?:wave:

hire sergei's celebration, the word is hire, kin percy pongo lover :rolleyes::dunce:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
a girl who'd just left the navy started at my work the other day and i had to do her induction, it just descended into me asking all about the navy.

it was super interesting, though she said that the navy was britians biggest PR exercise. strategically, she said there were lots of ships in the arabian gulf protecting an oil pipeline with the yanks and europeans.

apparently they skirt round the iranian coast playing cat and mouse.

the top people on the HMS Cornwall when the sailors got taken have been put on desk jobs now ... can't remeber their names but the titles were soemthing cool like war commander or summink.

the navy thought the HMS cornwall should've turned it's cannons on the iranians and risked the sailors lives who were being held hostage by some iranians with machine guns, the cannons would've blown them all to bits. the captain or whatever his title was didn't do this, and this was seen as losing face to the iranians.

she also told me that 2 uk and french subs collided in the channel on a training exercise last year. apparently the training was so secret that they both turned their radars off.

she spoke of the french and uk navy joining forces.

she told me the reason the nuclear subs are based in that certain place in scotland because it has the most cloud cover of anywhere else in the uk.

she told me the nuclear subs can't go to the mediterrainean sea because the watre is too clear and the satallites will see the subs!

she told me that on exercises near newcastle, 2 russian migs came over to the boat and started mucking about, the navy had to scramble to norwegian jets to chase the ruskis away! international diplomacy eh!

she also said they they have to share bunks, that there are nowhere near enough sialors to man all the ships, and that we're building a huge new aircraft carrier that is going to be rather special.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
a girl who'd just left the navy started at my work the other day and i had to do her induction, it just descended into me asking all about the navy.

it was super interesting, though she said that the navy was britians biggest PR exercise. strategically, she said there were lots of ships in the arabian gulf protecting an oil pipeline with the yanks and europeans.

the top people on the HMS Cornwall when the sailors got taken have been put on desk jobs now ... can't remeber their names but the titles were soemthing cool like war commander or summink.

the navy thought the HMS cornwall should've turned it's cannons on the iranians and risked the sailors lives who were being held hostage by some iranians with machine guns, the cannons would've blown them all to bits. the captain or whatever his title was didn't do this, and this was seen as losing face to the iranians.

she also told me that 2 uk and french subs collided in the channel on a training exercise last year. apparently the training was so secret that they both turned their radars off.

she told me the reason the nuclear subs are based in that certain place in scotland because it has the most cloud cover of anywhere else in the uk.

she told me the nuclear subs can't go to the mediterrainean sea because the watre is too clear and the satallites will see the subs!

she told me that on exercises near newcastle, 2 russian migs came over to the boat and started mucking about, the navy had to scramble to norwegian jets to chase the ruskis away! international diplomacy eh!

she also said they they have to share bunks, that there are nowhere near enough sialors to man all the ships, and that we're building a huge new aircraft carrier that is going to be rather special.
Did she tell you that one of the sailors who was held by the Iranians used to cry himself to sleep at night ?:clap2:

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
I do hope you are having a laugh here! The RAF and the Navy are so far back they send their washing forward! When the Navy get into the war and stop parading around the Bahamas in their 3 ships and a tug boat then and only then will i have any respect for them (except their pilots, they are ace)

RAF - waste of time and money :tantrum:

Navy - too small to be any bloody good or any bloody use :tantrum:

I have no affiliation to the fine and wonderful British Army who are the best in the world, what so ever.

Get informed before you make such ludicrous comments..IDIOT

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Did she tell you that one of the sailors who was held by the Iranians used to cry himself to sleep at night ?:clap2:

She's talking out of her well-f***ed farter then! Two aircraft carriers, not one. She was probably a Wren Steward that spent most of her time shining the silver than doing any real work.

The officers on Cornwall have rotated off the ship to shore jobs - like everyone does.

The sub training was so secret that.....she knows about it?

The subs are based in Scotland because that's where the sub bases are - and the sub bases down South were closed as part of political expediency for retaining and generating jobs. That and no-one cares if the jocks get radiated. If "cloud cover" was an issue they would never tie up alongside anywhere else....

NATO has a combined response force for air threat - it would have bee the turn of the Norwegians to meet the response requirements.

If they have to share bunks, how can there not be enough sailors - and why is recruiting showing the longest join-date for many years?

She is blowing out of her arse and needs to stop talking shite to make it looks like she knows what she is talking about. Let me guess -she will now be telling you her job was so secret she can't tell you all about it and she signed the Official Secrets Act.....bollocks.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
he is, hes in the army and done afghanistan tours.:thumbsup:

Must've got my medals off ebay then....it's all purple service these days, everyone goes everywhere and supports everyone else. Even before I got out most of the work was done on a tri-service basis - except that some of the thick toms only ever got to see their own kind and assumed they were the only ones there!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

I think shes pulling your chain there mate :)

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
She's talking out of her well-f***ed farter then! Two aircraft carriers, not one. She was probably a Wren Steward that spent most of her time shining the silver than doing any real work.

The officers on Cornwall have rotated off the ship to shore jobs - like everyone does.

The sub training was so secret that.....she knows about it?

The subs are based in Scotland because that's where the sub bases are - and the sub bases down South were closed as part of political expediency for retaining and generating jobs. That and no-one cares if the jocks get radiated. If "cloud cover" was an issue they would never tie up alongside anywhere else....

NATO has a combined response force for air threat - it would have bee the turn of the Norwegians to meet the response requirements.

If they have to share bunks, how can there not be enough sailors - and why is recruiting showing the longest join-date for many years?

She is blowing out of her arse and needs to stop talking shite to make it looks like she knows what she is talking about. Let me guess -she will now be telling you her job was so secret she can't tell you all about it and she signed the Official Secrets Act.....bollocks.
She may well be, havent got a clue,it was someone else she told, not me, this is what i was referring to

| Home | Sky News
:facepalm:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The navy has the second best ability to project power in the whole world after the USA, I still think it is pretty powerful...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Must've got my medals off ebay then....it's all purple service these days, everyone goes everywhere and supports everyone else. Even before I got out most of the work was done on a tri-service basis - except that some of the thick toms only ever got to see their own kind and assumed they were the only ones there!
You know, and i know, that it's the army/marines doing the collar out in afghan,the navy medics i'll give you , but boots on the ground,firefights pretty much every day , is the army and marines, the navy are at kandahar, along with the short range desert group, sorry raf regiment :p

aksully, we are buildong TWO new aircarft carriers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here