Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It is reported that Russell Bishop could be paroled this week...

If you saw Russell Bishop around Brighton or Hove after parole this week would you...

• Go up to him spit at him then punch as hard as you could

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Attempt to castrate him then punch him

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Shout abuse at him and attempt to drive him out of town

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Ignore him.

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Look.........he's served his time.

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If I remember rightly, Bishop hardly sought anonymity or a low profile away from the local community after the murder trial. What makes people think he would be any different if and when he is released next time?

Agree - a few of us seem to remember that quite well. Didn't he even offer to help raise funds or something to help catch the 'real' killer. I should imagine that he'd see himself as a local celebrity.

And sadly, he'd be right. Small mercies that Youtube wasn't around when he was 1st at large.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maxine Carr needed a new persona - she was villified for giving a false alibi... sure it was a silly thing to do, but hardly Myra Hindley stuff. She was tricked into believing her boyfriend was being setup & suffered the consequences
Dont believe all that you read in the papers. Maxine Carr used to go to the same school as my two sons. There is more than meets the eye , she knew that he was previously called Ian Nixon who was suspected of several incidents involving under age girls in the Grimsby area.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
sorry to drag something up from several pages ago.

but it strikes me that the home office have kept bishop in prison beyond normal recommended guidlines. Remember Sarah Payne's killer had been released for a similar offence after a incredibly short sentance.

thats not to say i want the disgusting creep released, as i believe problems will occur if he is let loose.

sorry if i'm repeating something, someone else has brought up. But having lived in brighton for over 35 years, the unsolved murders at wild park left unimaginable grief to parents, extended family members, friends and neighbours.

The darkest episode in Brighton's history without question, and one that highlights bigger national problems.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Wild Park murders are in one way unsolved as there was no conviction. In another way , the Police are satisfied they know who committed the crimes and they are not looking for anyone else. It is a pity that with advances in DNA profiling they cannot come up with irreversable proof as the evidence from the case became cross contaminated.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I remember the police saying they weren't looking for anyone else. Basically they were convinced he'd done it and if it wasn't for the evidence blooper he'd be in for life. Its terrible he was then able to ruin the life of another child, the only blessing being he didn't get to finish the job and she survived, abeit I'm sure very traumatised.
This man should never be released, he is a loony and loony's re-offend.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He should be in for life anyway. 'Murder' and 'Attempted Murder' ought to be considered as the same offence, and carry the same sentence.

She survived by chance - not through any concious decision on his part. If the intent was there, then the offence is still murder as far as I'm concerned.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was a very strange episode after the murders in Wild Park when , it may be urban myth, but barry fellows went into the hikers and requested everyone bought him drinks as he was the victim!!!!!

I also thought he wa ssueing the police over the Wild Park murders for wrongful arrest, but when the rules changed over the double jeapordy and he realised the police could reinterview him and cross examine him in court he dropped the case shaprish.

Perhaps our police friends could enlighten us?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The Wild Park murders are in one way unsolved as there was no conviction. In another way , the Police are satisfied they know who committed the crimes and they are not looking for anyone else. It is a pity that with advances in DNA profiling they cannot come up with irreversable proof as the evidence from the case became cross contaminated.

Are they allowed to re-try the case again, after he was found "not guilty".... even if they do find more evidence....?

Not sure if the "double jeopardy" rule is in force yet.

As far as I am concerned, when you rape, murder or attempt murder, then you can only 'do your time' if you die behind bars. I don't think any prison sentence can make up for the destruction of someone elses life and they forfeit any right to liberty in doing so.

But you do have to be found guilty of the crime first.........

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was 12 when Haddaway and Fellows were found dead. I lived in Coldean and backed onto where the two girls were found and the night they went missing we had the whole of sussex police round our house for cups of tea and biscuits - it was as massive then as the McCann story is now.

What f*cks me off with this is that a majority of us kids in the area knew who was involved and yet the Police could not find a shred of evidence linking those involved to the scene.

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
the point i was feebily attempting to put across was i believe under todays very liberal sentancing laws, it appears bishop has served longer than normal.
i again wish to add i do not believe he should be released, but somebody in the home office thankfully appears well informed of the facts surrounding this disgusting individual.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
i dont wish to condone what this guy has done but,there are people equally as dangerous to all of us that are being released onto the streets every day without half as much fuss ,being a father i understand the kid thing but theres people who have murdered for the fun of it that have served alot less time than this guy ,who in the eyes of the law raped a young girl , a horrific offence which he should hang for but the law of the land says different- theres people who have killed children siince who are out now(i know that its obvious what else he done)but this is one release from prison that the media have got their claws into,but theres many more we dont hear about or forget about and these people slip back into all our lives without us knowing anything

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I'm rather hoping that the police do have enough evidence to re charge him with the Wild Park murders and that when he is released from prison they are waiting outside the gates to arrest him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here