D

Deleted User X18H

About 3 mins by owl from The Withdean.

Bring a hat if you are follicle challenged

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Actually its Follically.And outside the Crown and Anchor

There really should be a gap after the full stop. Thanks for the advice though. If I am out and about today I shall take care to cover up appropriately although sadly I shall be a couple of hundred miles from the Withdean.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh look, another HB&B look at me thread.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh look, another HB&B look at me thread.

Grammatically correct but, in all fairness, you miss the point that pointless is sometimes precisely au point. This thread is clearly in the tradition of lucky omens and talismen that guarantee a favourable matchday result. :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Grammatically correct but, in all fairness, you miss the point that pointless is sometimes precisely au point. This thread is clearly in the tradition of lucky omens and talismen that guarantee a favourable matchday result. :)

Good point well made

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
At this stage of the season, any point is a good point.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

The plural of talisman is talismans.

You might just as well think that omen is the plural of oman.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All of the above is clearly missing the point, everyone knows that only TRUE Brightonians reside in BN2.

D

Deleted User X18H

Withdean, not the Withdean.

No. If I said to Mrs HB&B I am off to Withdean , she may think I am going to visit Ken the conservative candidate. Or to see if Tom Catt wants his house re-wiring. However if I say ' I am off the to THE Withdean' she is aware (despite the fact that it is usually around 2.30 on a Saturday between August and May) that I am in fact off to the Albion. The Withdean is a common phrase around these parts

D

Deleted User X18H

All of the above is clearly missing the point, everyone knows that only TRUE Brightonians reside in BN2.

Yes perhaps. There are a lot of old Hovonians around here. We sneak back and forth over the border undetected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here