Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

it has to be asked once more

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I see no reason to go out and get a striker at present unless replacing Knight :angry:

Why is he suddenly not so good ?

As for Virgo - legend :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He has a natural instinct for goal. He can control the ball and just place it with pinpoint accuracy.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Until he can't do the job why change him ? He is playing superb at the moment and took his goal like an accomplished striker.With him and Mcphee chasing and challenging will Knight miss out on Tuesday? Adam Virgo,der der der der,Adam Virgo.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have to admit to being a little worried when it was first announced that Virgo would be 'filling in up front'.

As it looks right now we've discovered a natural front man with the club's best interests at heart (are you listening Leon?) and we've clearly got our best manager for a long time for having the vision and bottle to try him out up front.

Top marks for both of them!:clap: :clap: :clap:

As for Leon......time to sit his stroppy butt on the bench in favour of McPhee or jake. He needs to start earning his money-last season is long gone now.

Jul 20, 2003
Chris Sutton is another one who started out as a centre back.

Didn't go today but I've seen the goal and read some of the feedback, was at the Preston game and saw Leicester on the box. So I've got a reasonable insight into the Virgo era.

Whilst it keeps going well why change anything? If he goes off of the boil play put someone else up there. If he doesn't go off the boil and keeps banging in the goals I guess we'll just have to put up with a couple of million quid.

Todays stat: we've never lost a game with Virgo up front.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I very much doubt whether if we had brought in a new target man he would have played better than Virgo has in the last three games. The guy deserves all the plaudits his is getting for the way be has adapted to the role of a striker and long may it continue.

Good on ya Virgs.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I'm not convinced - while it would be hard to drop someone who is scoring goals, he struggled to get involved for long periods yesterday, and wasn't working with Knight too well. Still, if he's scoring, I'd keep him in for now

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Repugnant Toad said:
I'm not convinced - while it would be hard to drop someone who is scoring goals, he struggled to get involved for long periods yesterday, and wasn't working with Knight too well. Still, if he's scoring, I'd keep him in for now

Fair point but in my experience a lot of strikers struggle to get involved throughout all of a match. The key thing is to work hard and put away a chance when it comes to you and Virgs has certainly done that on more than one occasion.

:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:

He wasn't working with Knight too well admittedly, but he did work very well with McPhee. Hhhmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here