Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It doesn’t really matter, does it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Had to look it up. Realised I don't think I have been to that part of the country- must do that one day.

I do it a few times a year - but on the bike. In the summer at high tide this is one of the best places to swim I know of. You can find a whole beach for yourself, even on a bank holiday, if you have a bike (best to park up for free in Birchington and cycle West) :thumbsup:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I do it a few times a year - but on the bike. In the summer at high tide this is one of the best places to swim I know of. You can find a whole beach for yourself, even on a bank holiday, if you have a bike (best to park up for free in Birchington and cycle West) :thumbsup:

Coincidentally I was that way last week and there were 3 hardy souls (idiots) swimming, it was bloody freezing, so cold that we had to pass up a pint at the King Ethelbert as there was no way we were going in to drink (that's something I miss, an impromptu pint).

Maybe all us Kent based bods could meet up sometime :p

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm full of it. Er, Them. Turns of phrase, I mean :wink:

No indeed, best not start mucking about before the potential risk of jeopardy is unequivocally dismissable.

In the meantime, you may find NSC to be a filip again. There is some great positive threads about the Albion, and the 'Potter-outers' appear to have slithered down the back of their sofas. The music threads are great, and there are some very funny and clever people emboldened to post these days, with the old school dunderheads largely bouncing on the bottom of the pit. I don't bother much with the Covid threads any more, and the political threads are mostly Boris bashing. The worst numpties have been banished now anyway. And at the end of the day, the foolish don't mean to be thoughtless, and the thoughtless don't mean to be foolish, so there is no reason to take offence, and there is always the ignore function, of course, when posters start causing unrest. I have been experimenting with unblocking people lately, with some pleasing and surprising outcomes. Also it seems there are quite a few folk recently ( last few years) diagnosed as 'on the spectrum' so there has been an increasing amount of understanding and give and take. Some kindness, even.

There will be something chilled or warm, possibly both, waiting on our patio when you are ready to venture out.

My very best wishes to you, the missus and family, as always :thumbsup:

That's a date for the drink, preferably cold, and Sheps!

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, you know the expression "it never rains, but pours" well I can feel the storm clouds building over chateau DW again!

I have had an "itchy" patch on my left ear, for thinking about it, probably getting on for a couple of years.

My wife has nagged me, and I've ignored her, as in my opinion we have had enough on our plate to contend with lately, what with the two C's Cancer and Covid.

However, I actually managed to get an appointment with my GP today, after sending a rather blurry picture of my ear - lo and behold, I'm now on the 2 week Pathway to see a dermatologist. My GP says it may not be cancer, so best to get it checked out. My wife says I'm a stupid idiot for not doing something sooner.

Hopefully time will tell and it will be nothing to worry about.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, it's been a long couple of years, and a bit, but the day has arrived when my wife has her final chemotherapy maintenance session.

She is very stressed about this as it now means she (we) are at the "watch and wait" stage of her treatment, as she knows it will return at some point.

However, having said that, today is a day of celebration that, for now, she has beaten her cancer.

Can I put on record my thanks for all those that have been supportive on this thread, and also on my begging for donations threads for our walks! Also a big thanks to those that have PM'd me over the last two years.

Hopefully we can now put this behind us for a while and get on with enjoying the rest of our time together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here