Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It does seem clear....

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
...that the club is preparing for relegation

We currently have four players out on loan, Elphick, FDM, Jarrett and now McCammon. We are also not able to get anybody else in. This smacks to me of a club that is once again, poorer than a Sussex County League Club.

It's also clear that the club will not be able to say this in public, because all of those stories during the transfer window about looking for new strikers, and making six-figure bids will look extremely futile.

Don't misunderstand this, I think it's been very clever PR, and probably a little necessary, if a tad annoying.

However, prepare yourselves Ladies and Gentlemen, League One, here we come...!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Did Clyde confirm Brighton made a bid for Brighton?

Not to my knowledge, although I never saw their website so I don't know (If indeed they have one!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Their manager said we had put in an offer for him which was rejected, according to a press report. He also added that MM had said he would pick up Tom Brighton on a free transfer at the end of the season and Clyde should have taken the £100k bid.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Well It would seem a bit odd that they didnt if infact that was the case dont you think?

Not really. Some clubs do, some don't. We never put things on our website until it has been confirmed (ala Zamora/Virgo)..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seems more to me like getting rid of players that aren't going to feature.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Seagull73 said:
...that the club is preparing for relegation

We currently have four players out on loan, Elphick, FDM, Jarrett and now McCammon.

Isn't Molango out on loan too?

Chris Breach?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Sorry, how is sending fringe players out on short term loans ( none of which affect next season ) evidence of us 'preparing for relegation' ?

So many conspiracies, I can't keep up !

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Sid James said:
Sorry, how is sending fringe players out on short term loans ( none of which affect next season ) evidence of us 'preparing for relegation' ?

So many conspiracies, I can't keep up !

Have you heard the one about how it wasnt Lee Harvey Oswold that shot JFK. It was the GOVERNMENT :eek:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:

If we were serious, we would have taken him temp-to-perm now they are out of the cup. :nono:

1066gull

I expect the loans have recall's attached to them, and we are only loaning them out to stay match fit and keep getting experience.

Silent Bob's theroy makes sense too.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
TERRACES on our travels next year then..........NOT ALL BAD THEN.:clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2:

which League 1 grounds still have Terraces,?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KinkyNormanBaker said:
canne recall 1 month loans.

I assume you were trying to spell 'can't'. You are wrong. Kuipers deal for one, has a 24hr recall clause.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
hans kraay fan club said:
I assume you were trying to spell 'can't'. You are wrong. Kuipers deal for one, has a 24hr recall clause.

there nothing wrong with canne.

Last time he was at Boston he couldnt as it was the rules

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
3gulls said:
If we were serious, we would have taken him temp-to-perm now they are out of the cup. :nono:

Why in God's name would Clyde allow a player who is available on a free at the end of his season go out on such a deal? They might as well get the best out of him for as long as they can. I'm sure we will have to pay something though due to his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here