Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It brought me to tears

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
If you've never shed a tear when watching Albion then you just don't get it. I don't mean blubbing like a baby but there have been so many good and bad times when i've had to wipe away a tear.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Italia 90, Was on holiday at the time & it was when i really really caught the football bug.
I have this mental image of a 7 year old me bawling my eyes out

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
More have been when I have been following games at home than when I have been at the game.

At Wembley in 83: watching us walk out and it all hitting home.. the Cup Final and we're here.
At home: Hereford 97, a fall to the floor and thank the Lord moment, and I'm an atheist
At home again: Plymouth 02, Yes.. we are out of the basement at last

I recall a manly "something in my eye" moment at the end of the Chesterfield game - good times at last after years of cack. I also felt a sense of elation a few weeks before when we secured promotion at Plymouth with six games to go I believe - that after all those "last day" cliffhangers.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks
I blub quite a bit a footy, dont know why, that roar when the teams go out onto the pitch just does things to me, but more specifically, when that cheat Henry palmed the ball into the net and I just knew that Ireland werent gonna get to South Africa and more recently when we lost at Hillsborough, we were so robbed, I just couldnt believe it, it really got to me.:cry:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Half time at Hereford. No competion.

My belief (or comfort blanket) since December that we were too big to go down, suddenly dissolved and became real. Sobbed like a big girl.

Sobbing again at full time! Twice in a day. Never before or since!

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
two times

1978 promotion between us, spurs and southampton, we won 3-1 at home to blackpool ( i think) but needing a result other than a draw from spurs v southampton to go up. they drew 0-0 and neither team even tried to win.

1983 cup final replay losing 4 - 0 all the goals coming from the right back position where wed played steve gatting, a left footed player.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The final whistle at Newcastle for promotion to the First Division

Abide With Me at Wembley

The final whistle after the 0-4 replay at Wembley

The final whistle at the Goldstone

The final whistle at Hereford

The final, final announcement that we had permission for Falmer

Standing next to the stadium for the first time a few weeks ago...this surely can't be ours...but it is!

Yes, I'm a serial Albion blubber!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here