Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Isn't It Time That Welly Was Granted A Testimonial By Bha?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let's Wedge-up for Welly! :clap2: :clap2:

Top man. Deserves everything. Didn't he ask for the autograph of one of the REMF team who scored in the first game against the Palace?

He could make a really positive contribution to the Falmer campaign by publicly opposing the Sheepcote Valley site and the threat it poses to Whitehawk FC's ground.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The Large One said:
Does he owe you money then? :D

Nice one TLO. He doesn't but I think that we as fans, who were around at the time that he wore the blue and white stripes (and the Tesco carrier bag) with pride, owe him for the joy he gave us.

He has been let down badly by our club and I would like to see that addressed. I'm sure that there are others who feel the same way as me.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Re: Isn't It Time That Welly Was Granted A Testimonial By BHA?

Waterhall Wizard said:
I remember the disgraceful scene, when his own inebriated manager decked him with a single punch after a football charity dinner. It was shortly after this that Ian was persuaded that his Albion career was over.

I never knew about that, was that Jimmy Case?

Anyway, I didn't know him personally, as several of you do/did, but he was always one of my favourite players, just because of the sheer effort and commitment to the Albion that he showed every week and I would love to see that re-paid somehow by the club.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
:bounce:

Today has seen a loyal servant of the club receive justified recognition. Sorry I couldn't make it Gary, but thanks for all you've put in to the club. Here's to another successful season for you individually, and to The Albion.

I've bounced this thread, because it is as pertinent today as it was when I started it. Since then, Ian has been back to the club and left out of loyalty to the man who brought him back to league football. The same integrity that shone through his playing days surfaced once again after Dean Wilkins was sacked.

The footballer Ian Chapman was promised a testimonial. Nothing has changed in that respect, except there's no sign of one on the horizon. Surely it's time his committee was formed and events were announced.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
agreed :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

deano seagulls

May 11, 2008
:bounce:

Today has seen a loyal servant of the club receive justified recognition. Sorry I couldn't make it Gary, but thanks for all you've put in to the club. Here's to another successful season for you individually, and to The Albion.

I've bounced this thread, because it is as pertinent today as it was when I started it. Since then, Ian has been back to the club and left out of loyalty to the man who brought him back to league football. The same integrity that shone through his playing days surfaced once again after Dean Wilkins was sacked.

The footballer Ian Chapman was promised a testimonial. Nothing has changed in that respect, except there's no sign of one on the horizon. Surely it's time his committee was formed and events were announced.

Excellent post - this is a testimonial that is long overdue

More chance of Elvis Presley walking on the pitch at halftime on Tuesday

Speaking of walking on the pitch at halftime.....isn't it about time for your lips to be in contact with Dick's chocolate starfish as promised a while ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here