Isle Of Wight Festival

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watching this on ITV2, oh dear Ultravox are rubbish

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I was going to go to it. But decided on Reading instead, should be a lot better.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The coverage is woeful. They need to take not just a leaf, but an entire tree out of the BBC's book in their coverage of Glastonbury, Reading/Leeds, etc.

They've kept up the now fine ITV tradition of cutting to the adverts in the middle of the action. Twats.

It was better in 1970.

• Judas Jump
• Kathy Smith
• Rosalie Sorrels
• David Bromberg
• Redbone
• Kris Kristofferson
• Mighty Baby
• Gary Farr
• Supertramp
• Andy Roberts' Everyone
• Howl
• Black Widow
• The Groundhogs
• Terry Reid
• Gilberto Gil
• Fairfield Parlour
• Arrival
• Lighthouse
• Taste
• Tony Joe White
• Chicago
• Family
• Procol Harum.
• Voices Of East Harlem
• Cactus.
• John Sebastian
• Shawn Phillips
• Lighthouse
• Joni Mitchell
• Tiny Tim
• Miles Davis
• Ten Years After
• Emerson Lake and Palmer
• The Doors
• The Who
• Melanie
• Sly & The Family Stone
• Good News
• Kris Kristofferson
• Ralph McTell
• Heaven
• Free
• Donovan
• Pentangle
• The Moody Blues
• Jethro Tull
• Jimi Hendrix
• Joan Baez
• Leonard Cohen
• Richie Havens
• Hawkwind
• Pink Fairies

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to the papers Charlotte Church was at the concert with Gavin and told a DJ that she was not going to do her Channel 4 TV show anymore but was reverting back to singing. I also read somewhere that she has been back in training with her classical singing coach from her young days, so hopefully she will be making a comeback as a classical singer.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My son went and enjoyed it anyway.Had to come back yesterday afternoon to give himself time to recover for his Psychology A Level today!!
Good luck Will!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep, 1970 was the year... the end of Hendrix the beginnings of classic Tull, Family et al. all in fine company and as you’ve already borne witness to... the list does indeed go ever on and on...

Music, society, and naked chicks were better then.

Better by you, better by me,

YouTube - The origin of : We used to know

Kosh

Last edited:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Been back about 3hrs (post sh!t, shower, shave and snooze),

We were there for opening on Thursday, and whilst the line-up was a tad disappointing, all had a cracking time. Weather didn't let us down either (festival red necks everywhere).

Have to say it was much wilder than last year (packed with young'uns!) and the place looked even more like a war zone than usual as we left.

Highlights, Human League on Thursday took me back, GLC were a (bloody) good laugh, Charlatans were v. good, Friday was best for me though, Pendulum were excellent and Prodigy were as good a headline act as you'd expect. Felt Neil Young last night fell a bit flat (especially the early part).

No cold beer amnesty this year, however Carling had built a pub which was good fun, big beer garden all the way down to the river.

Work tmrw. :down:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
According to the papers Charlotte Church was at the concert with Gavin and told a DJ that she was not going to do her Channel 4 TV show anymore but was reverting back to singing. I also read somewhere that she has been back in training with her classical singing coach from her young days, so hopefully she will be making a comeback as a classical singer.

She certainly was, (apologise for the seemingly name dropping here !!) but my boss and his wife were on Charlotte & Gavins new boat, they went from Swansea to Torquay then onto Southampton then onto the Isle of Weight, I just spoke to my boss on the phone, he is still wrecked !!! :lolol:

Apparently it was the most drunken 5 days he has ever had, and oh how the gutter press get it all wrong, they state that 10 friends went with them from Swansea, it was actually 5 and all from Bridgend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what really annoyed me was that I switched over to ITV whatever and Ferne Cotton and some other bloke were rambling on with Neil Young on in the background.....she said OOhh its really brilliant, but instead of cutting to watch him, they showed some talentless twats from saturday night shouting tunelessly into the mic!

:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here