Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Isle of Man TT 2024

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Underway.

If you have 20 minute to spare have a butchers at this. There comes the odd point when you can't recall the last gear change. These engines are bomb proof.

Davey could well get a win this week. He's been getting faster and faster.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Yes, he’s looking good. Love the TT!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I love motorbikes. Had my first motorbike when I was about 13-14 and would take it up the fields on public footpaths where I was brought up.

Currently ride a Harley.

I love to watch bike and car racing.

However I really don't get the IOM TT.

There's been over 266 deaths in the 101 races since 1907.

In 2016, 5 riders died on the course during official practices or races. There were six fatalities among competitors in the 1970 and 2022 Isle of Man TTs, making them the two deadliest years in the history of the event

The deadliest year was 2005, when 11 people died; three riders and one marshal died during the June race, and six riders and one course bystander died during the Manx Grand Prix in August/September 2005.

Since 1937, the only year in which races were held but no fatalities occurred was 1982.

It's by far the most dangerous sport there is.

theboybilly

Underway.

If you have 20 minute to spare have a butchers at this. There comes the odd point when you can't recall the last gear change. These engines are bomb proof.

Davey could well get a win this week. He's been getting faster and faster.

Thanks for posting this, it's been a few years since I watched a 'rider's view' lap. So long that I'm sure the lap took at least 3 minutes longer back then if not a bit more - have lap records been slashed so much in the last say 6 years? I just can't get my head around the concentration needed just to avoid clipping a, kerb at up to 200mph over the mountain. I knew he was fast when the Creg pub came up so quickly on the final approach. Crosby was just a blur too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
My dad rode the IoM from 1948 to 1956, winning the Senior (500cc) Clubmans in 1950 on a 490cc International Norton

Once you had bagged a Clubmans (essentially an amateur's race on road bikes ) you went into the 'proper' races.

Very unlikely to beat any of the 'works' riders but he did OK and I have two of his silver replicas (10th in Junior and 10th in Senior) from 1951.

Had them valued last year but they won't be be up for sale at any time soon!

9essent

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Thanks for posting this, it's been a few years since I watched a 'rider's view' lap. So long that I'm sure the lap took at least 3 minutes longer back then if not a bit more - have lap records been slashed so much in the last say 6 years? I just can't get my head around the concentration needed just to avoid clipping a, kerb at up to 200mph over the mountain. I knew he was fast when the Creg pub came up so quickly on the final approach. Crosby was just a blur too.
Last year was perfect conditions and a number of lap records went in the various classes, including the outright lap record. It’s now averaging over 136mph

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here