Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wayne Rooney World class?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On his day he's quality, but he's not as standout brilliant as say Ashley Cole is as a left back. He doesn't have many 'days' for England though, if any.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is a very good Prem player but there is no evidence to suggest he is world class. Apart from his very first International tournament he has always choked on the biggest stage of all. I do not recall any defining games when United have been at the business end of the Champions League either.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy's played for England 76 Times, 4 tournaments. Brilliant 8 years ago, ordinary since. Compare that to Podolski, Klose, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Pirlo, Messi, Ronaldo.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What's your definition of World class?

His a top player and although he was abysmal today he is still our best attacking option/player. He seemed well off the pace in this tournament and his touch and finishing was lacking.

He is someway behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Villa, Xavi, Iniesta and Van Persie. You would have to say he might make the top twenty players in the World based on his performances with Manchester United. And it still seems likely he will break both the appearances and goals record for England.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When was the last time he had a game changing match for England ? 2004 I reckon

This. He has failed to deliver for England at all finals ever since, for one reason or another.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This. He has failed to deliver for England at all finals ever since, for one reason or another.

If he was playing for Spain, Germany or Italy he would have torn us to shreds tonight.

The simple fact is we dont create chances for him, and have to rely on him to create magic on his own.

Put Messi in Englands side tonight and he would not have got a kick either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If he was playing for Spain, Germany or Italy he would have torn us to shreds tonight.

The simple fact is we dont create chances for him, and have to rely on him to create magic on his own.

Put Messi in Englands side tonight and he would not have got a kick either.

probably .........very disappointing performance ,thanks mr hodgson but:wave:for god sake , gutted as i'm sure most are you have to agree we didn't play well enough to win........defence can take some credit , 250k a week rooney can f*** off as far as i'm concerned..........rant over off to work now.....:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here