Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is vicente a long way from match fitness ?

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
It's right though you don't want to rush him. Don't want him to be best friends with the medical staff lol

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well he did say he was 40% match fit. So at I guess... I'd say he's about 60% short at the moment.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The game on Saturday showed how good our fitness levels are with City tiring as we got stronger. It also means Gus obviously has higher hopes than Vicente just being a 15-20 minute super sub so we should take this as good news in my opinion

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Worrying? Not really, Gus would have known this before we signed him. As it stands, we are playing well & therefore have no need to rush him into the team. If we were down the bottom of the table with no goals/assists coming from midfield I would agree it is worrying as we would be relying on him to do the business immediately.

There is bound to be a lot of pressure on him to perform once he gets some game time. Gus is giving him the best chance of being at his best from game 1.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Again I think that's about right and not worrying at all. Get him to 100% and have him come off the bench to terrorise weary Championship players. Good times!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4379169 said:
Are there any reserve games between now and the next lot of fixtures?

Just put this on another thread, Wed night against Forest Green at Lancing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'd be more worried if he was some way from fitness, but we were playing him anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he's missed pre-season, so wouldn't expect him to be match fit.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
He may be far away from the fitness standard that Gus wants, compared to generally being fit to play football. From what i hear, Gus has our players training amazingly hard, and you can see it in the games.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Trust in Gus. I bet he wouldn't normally take a punt on a player who is only 40% fit, so Vicente must be worth it. We are doing well and have enough midfielders to cope whilst 'The Dagger' builds himself up to destroy the opposition. Strength in depth like we have never had before :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
i bet if he signed leicester he would have been chucked into the team on saturday even if he was only 40% fit

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
I agree with what's been said so far, I'd be happy not to seem him until October if it meant he was fully fit rather than rushing him in and then losing him to injury.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The game on Saturday showed how good our fitness levels are with City tiring as we got stronger. It also means Gus obviously has higher hopes than Vicente just being a 15-20 minute super sub so we should take this as good news in my opinion

This is certainly true. Donny got tired at the Amex too at around 75 minutes, allowing Nooney and Buckley to tear them apart.

Our wingers are scary, especially in the last quarter of an hour or so.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Vicente is the cherry on the icing on the top of the cake.......he'll be ready when he's ready, until then we'll more than cope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here