Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is tonight's result actually that bad

Russell Slade's hat

Mar 16, 2008
Burgess Hill
0-0 to a team bottom of the football league in the piss pot trophy, as far am i'm concerned that is a very poor result to match a tragic performane,

Luton must facy their chances at their place.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Of course its a bad result. Did Luton put up a fight? NO! They were there for the taking and we couldn't do it. How many easier games are we going to get this season!!!!

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Sorry if this has been said already but I am not sure tonight is as bad a result as it seems. It was definitely a poor performance but we play better away from home, Luton will have to attack more leaving them more open at the back and we will have a stronger side with players back from injury (and hopefully new signings) by the second leg.

Also, on the bright side, we are potentially 90 minutes from Wembley and Orient conceded a last minute equaliser!

A dreadful result against a team who lost 5-1 in their last game - PATHETIC

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Does tonight's result mean that we are more likely to be the live game on Sky for the second leg - If so, it's a great result! (Apologies if sky have already announced they are showing the other final - I may have missed it!)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The result no as we are still in the tie but the performance was f*cking woeful

Why oh why in a home game against a team a divison below us (who have just shipped five goals) do we start with two holding midfielders? One who at best is a reserve centre back the other who is punching two divisions above his weight.

We looked clueless and not a single player seemed to know what they should do when they got the ball.

The 6 in defence and 4 up front formation led to us to simply hoof the ball forward which despite doing it for the complete 90 minutes rarely found the head of one of our players. Quite why we choose this tactic when both of our strikers are under 6ft is simply unexplainable.

Our saving grace was Luton were just as sh*t as we were but that says more about us and our current situation than them. The substitutions were baffling and had little or no impact on the game.

One thing that did strike me last night is we need an entire new midfield as none of them look up to it at this level. We are crying out for a Racon type player to bridge the gap between our midfield and forwards.

Things need to change and quick or we are as good as down

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry if this has been said already but I am not sure tonight is as bad a result as it seems. It was definitely a poor performance but we play better away from home, Luton will have to attack more leaving them more open at the back and we will have a stronger side with players back from injury (and hopefully new signings) by the second leg.

Also, on the bright side, we are potentially 90 minutes from Wembley!

Wrong question. It's not a question of the result. What is worrying is the lack of ability, the lack of management and the proof (via the subs) that MA really has no idea any more.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
0-0 to a team bottom of the football league in the piss pot trophy, as far am i'm concerned that is a very poor result to match a tragic performane

though without their 30 point deduction they'd be 14th so are not that bad. But no denying last night was dire

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
The same Luton side got thrashed 5-1 by Darlington only 3 days before.

The tie isn't over by any means but we should be taking a lead to Kenilworth Road.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
A lot of talk as if we are out of the competition?? I know the game was poor, but as sad we will hopefully have a stronger squad to field with the relay.

I think on last nights showing its clear why Jake hasn't been playing, he was pretty woeful and couldn't fit his way out of a paper bag. We could do with another Elder/Savage style player up front.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It was a poor performance, and there is no way you can dress it up as anything but that. We should be taking a lead with us up to Kenilworth Road.

However it's not a disaster. If this was a one leg tie, we'd fancy our chances had we been drawn away at Luton. We beat them up there last season.

Hopefully in four weeks time our form will have improved, we might have one or two new signings settled in and Murray will be back.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Last nights result seems to have netted us £20,000 from sky. Now we just need to mak sure that we actually win at Luton...

The result isn't bad, I think i is the performance that upset so many people.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but it wasn't quite as bad as some are making out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After losing to THE Leeds United.

Adams did not want to lose to former LEAGUE CUP winners. It WAS luton Town you know. Thats why it was a defensive midfield.

Job done.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite possibly the lowest quality game of football I've seen in a long time, so the performance itself was fairly depressing.

But on the positive side:

(1) We may have been monumentally crap, but Luton were significantly crapper, if that's possible

(2) From the reaction of their fans at the end, it appears that Luton consider themselves already at Wembley

(3) I think there's also a case to be made for the argument that two legged games are a psychological hurdle anyway. Personally I'm far happier reducing this to a one-off, winner takes all final- which it now is. Would any of you honestly be that confident if we'd gone up to Kenilworth Road with a one goal lead? That plays with the players' heads, they don't know whether to stick or twist, and usually end up doing neither. Witness that Swindon play off semi-final- how awful were we in the second leg, defending (and losing) a lead, before sneaking through at the death courtesy of a last minute goal and a penalty shoot out.

Nope, given our current shambolic form, I'm more than happy to go to Luton knowing exactly what we have to do on the night- ie win a game of football.

Players, management: it's all down to you now...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thats what worries me....

doh%20homer%20simpson%20doh.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was not a bad result. It was not even a terrible performance. There is just a lack of quality in the squad that either comes from the fact that they are not very good or they are lacking in confidence.

The confidence should return when our big players (Murray / McLoed / Livermore) are fit and in the team and we get decent midfield signings ........................

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It was not a bad result. It was not even a terrible performance. There is just a lack of quality in the squad that either comes from the fact that they are not very good or they are lacking in confidence.

The confidence should return when our big players (Murray / McLoed / Livermore) are fit and in the team and we get decent midfield signings ........................

That was kind of my point. We should have a much better team for the second leg with players back and hopefully new ones in. I wasn't even defending the performance but over two legs I still think we have a really good chance.

Also, I think Luton's 5-1 defeat at the weekend is the worst thing that could have happened as they were clearly up for it after a poor result and defended well.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Is the RESULT that bad? Probably not as bad as people are making out.

Was the PERFORMANCE that bad? Without a shadow of a doubt. Woeful.

Absolutely right

The result no as we are still in the tie but the performance was f*cking woeful

Why oh why in a home game against a team a divison below us (who have just shipped five goals) do we start with two holding midfielders? One who at best is a reserve centre back the other who is punching two divisions above his weight.

We looked clueless and not a single player seemed to know what they should do when they got the ball.

The 6 in defence and 4 up front formation led to us to simply hoof the ball forward which despite doing it for the complete 90 minutes rarely found the head of one of our players. Quite why we choose this tactic when both of our strikers are under 6ft is simply unexplainable.

Our saving grace was Luton were just as sh*t as we were but that says more about us and our current situation than them. The substitutions were baffling and had little or no impact on the game.

One thing that did strike me last night is we need an entire new midfield as none of them look up to it at this level. We are crying out for a Racon type player to bridge the gap between our midfield and forwards.

Things need to change and quick or we are as good as down

Agree with all except the Racon comment, for me he's just like Fraser and ElAbd only better, a defensive midfielder

You actually are MENTAL aren't you? I have only been to a few games this season so if you've been to more than me and that wasn't a terrible performance I'm more worried than ever about the SHITE that's been served up this season!

And if our 'Big Players' are McLeod and Livermore we are officially f***ed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here