Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this unbiased reporting?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Completely immaterial I know but I used to work with him. And I still remember the day we had a firedrill. Duly leaving the building as instructed we all collected up outside for the editor to do a roll call. All present and correct except Eccles. Who, since it was about 10.30 am, was enjoying his customary read of the Daily Mirror on the khazi. Another "immoveable professional engagement" of the type so beloved in Lewes.

So someone was instructed to go in and get him. They returned, minus the ace reporter. The editor, by now extremely pissed off, sent the deputy editor in. Who returned, minus the ace reporter but with an important message from him: "Put me down as perished in the blaze..."

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
I used to work with John Eccles a few years ago at the Sussex Express and i can honestly say that he has a most slender grip on reality. In one article he wrote he thought that the down should be called ups ( coz you go up one side and down the other ) begining to get the picture, a total TWAT. He spent more time in the bog than at his desk, you could actually see the foot prints of his shoes on the back of the bog door.

At the time one of the sub-editors pastime was rambling over the south ups so dont expect any support from that load of 2nd rate hacks.

I wouldn't line my hamster cage with that crap paper. :censored:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
we want Falmer! said:
The stadium has to be in Brighton or Hove!!!! Shoreham Houbour is in SHOREHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also it will cost too much!!! Go to www.seagulls.co.uk, click on the enqiry update!

Quite a large chunk ofShoreham Harbour is in Portslade and Hove isn't it? Aldrington Basin, etc....

Regardless, it is the cost and time factors that make it totally unacceptable. Eccles can go boil his middle England head in a vat of hot oil.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Bwian said:
Quite a large chunk ofShoreham Harbour is in Portslade and Hove isn't it? Aldrington Basin, etc....

It is but I think the proposal is for West of the power station.

Rangdo said:
It is but I think the proposal is for West of the power station.
Difficult to say, since the parties proposing a stadium at Shoreham Harbour are all being a bit vague - presumably because they are all saying that it's a long-term plan that can wait until there's a complete redevelopment of the whole harbour site.

The Albion have evaluated the proposal on the basis of a site to the east of the power station (within the City boundary) that would involve filling in part of Aldrington Basin and allow continued operation of the port.

Most of the traffic impact would be in Hove and Portslade.

It'll never happen of course, because it's too expensive.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'm surprised the Nimbys have not latched onto this proposal for an island off the West pier site which keeps cropping up in the Argus. Instantly all access problems solved as all spectators will arrive on a ferry from Newhaven:lol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Lord Bracknell said:
This is a typical example (from this week's paper) -

WHILE preparing ground for the enlargement of Ditchling graveyard in 1888, workmen came across an ancient well.

The upper portion, to a depth of 8ft, was lined with flints. Below this was hewn chalk and below that blocks of sandstone.

Some antlers and bones were found.

That's it. The whole story. Why?

Why does it start with a subordinate clause? That's the worst thing about it :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here