Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the worst summer EVER?

Twente2

Jul 12, 2011
???

All it ever seems to do is just rain, if it aint raining its cloudy, with the exception of maybe 1 hot day a week, if we're lucky!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spring was peachy. Summers tend to be shite these days.
Correct. Nothing wrong with April and May. In fact, my garden was brown until June, which was shite. July was OK until the last two weeks (I got burnt while laying my patio all weekend about 3 weeks ago), but I'm holding out hope for late August and September.

It happens almost every year, it's just we tend to think of summer as long hot days.

It has a name of The European Monsoon, according to Carol on the Weather programme last night.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I've just had a patio built in the garden, so I'm afraid its not going to get any better.

Sorry.

Quite a good summer really. People complained whilst it was hot and dry. The farmers needed the rain so do our gardens and wild life. If you want dry summers go and live in Somalia. Should be a dry warm September when the Schools have gone back then I can go down to Cornwall and enjoy empty beaches and plenty of room to surf.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Every summer sems to have been like this since 2006. Decent April and May, followed by a June, July and August which are more like October.
For some reason, the high altitude jet stream, which guides rain-bearing depressions across the Atlantic, used to move towards Iceland over the summer, so most of England came under the influence of hotter weather on the continent, but for the last 4-5 years, the jet stream seems to have got stuck right over Britain, and hasn't budged. These wet summers, year after year, are seriously annoying me; I expect to be stuck indoors at the weekend in winter, but not during June, July and August.

----------------------------

INSTALLING SUMMER.....

███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.

Installation failed. 404 error: Season not found. The season you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It is the worst I can remember & I don't give a shit what some armchair weather expert says. I judge summer days on blue skies & sunshine. It has been & continues to be utter shit; so f*cking depressing.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Summer maximum of rainfall and all that. O to be in England now that April's there,wot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is the worst I can remember & I don't give a shit what some armchair weather expert says. I judge summer days on blue skies & sunshine. It has been & continues to be utter shit; so f*cking depressing.
It was clear and sunny without being boiling most of last week wasn't it? The week and weekend before that was gash, as was the weekend just gone. I do think a lot of people's perceptions of the weather come down to the what the weather was like at the weekend. Two successive crap weekends while stuck in the office in the week days in between mean that one might conclude that the weather was gash for all 16 days when it often isn't the case.

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
i agree it is awful i do lots of fishing here in the midlands and we have not seen a sunset since april its always cloudy and cold week in and week out cancelled a night fishing session on the river nene last weekend monsoon rain and soooo cold gales not good :falmer::falmer:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here