Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Is this the worst day ever?

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Nope them knocking us out the players offs followed by the first ever league defeat at the Amex hurt a close 2nd

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Today isn't on my scale of bad/shit

I'm comfortable with the fact we're more than likely going to get relegated.
Today's game was a key moment, given we have been so spineless in the last 'easy' 5! Games.

If Pottinkerball' comes good and we beat Arse/manure/Liverpool, then great, but reality/probability says no.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bmuff and Cardiff last season, yes I know it wasn’t CP, were also the pits for me. Outclassed, outrun at home by relegation rivals .... shocking.

Yes, yes, they were worse results and far worse performances than the game today. But I'm talking about the overall day, not just our game. It just kept getting worse, with West Ham winning, Bournemouth getting a point off Chelsea (and nearly 3) and then Watford capping it all off.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, yes, they were worse results and far worse performances than the game today. But I'm talking about the overall day, not just our game. It just kept getting worse, with West Ham winning, Bournemouth getting a point off Chelsea (and nearly 3) and then Watford capping it all off.

Of course, a team with anything about itself would look at those results and think: "Blimey, if PLB and Watford can pull off results like that, then we can certainly get something from Wolves, Manchester United and Arsenal." Have our squad got that sort of attitude, though?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course, a team with anything about itself would look at those results and think: "Blimey, if PLB and Watford can pull off results like that, then we can certainly get something from Wolves, Manchester United and Arsenal." Have our squad got that sort of attitude, though?

Attitude, or footballing ability?

Hughes, Doucoure, Pereyra, Deulofeum, Capoue would walk into our midfield imho. Pace, power, guile.

Once they got a decent manager, they seem afraid of no one, especially at home.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Attitude, or footballing ability?

Hughes, Doucoure, Pereyra, Deulofeum, Capoue would walk into our midfield imho. Pace, power, guile.

Once they got a decent manager, they seem afraid of no one, especially at home.
You're missing out sarr as well who is one of the best players in the whole league at the moment !!!

Sadly I've been fearing our squad Is not good enough for a few weeks now. Even Bmuffs is considerably stronger.

There is no trash like, Cardiff, hudds or Fulham this season.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
No, I was thoroughly embarrassed when we were relegated to the fourth division, not realising I would be delighted we managed to stay in that division at the end of the next season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Agreed. Attitude comes into it. Too many players looking to others to make things happen. When we press, we don’t do it with conviction.

A little bit more straight talking from Potter might help post-match (at least in sending the right message to the fans), but few complaints otherwise.

Already heard yesterday that one player’s agent is moaning his client’s not being used enough/in the right way. Pathetic. There’s a pretty simple answer. When you’re in the team, play well and make things happen - like the one or two regulars manage consistently.

Some of these lads need to knuckle down and toughen up.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I think it might be. It certainly would have been if Chelsea hadn't equalised.

Our worst footballing day in 2020 for sure. Up until yesterday the results of teams around us have tended to be the same or worse than our result so that we have maintained a slight advantage in the table. Yesterday was a colossal double whammy - losing to ****** and all the worst possible results from those other teams at the bottom. And yet we’re still 15th in the League. :mad:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This tops the 1-4 defeat to Torquay for me, believe it may have been a Rodney Jack Hattrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely 4-0 at 'home' at Gillingham v Darlington, with ex-Palace Marco Gabbiadini getting a hat-trick tops that?

Like you, no doubt, I was there. That was probably as bad as it ever got, football quality wise. We literally could not string three passes together. I remember when Dan Harding made the first team not so long after, thinking that this is the first time I have seen a player make a telling forward pass from our half into theirs for some year. And that was at Withdean. Dan Bloody Harding. Old Tickle. The new messiah, it seemed.

As for yesterday, I agree with Westy - 0.5 out of ten, on the trauma richter scale.

I think [MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION] has been at the fermented maple syrup again :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You're missing out sarr as well who is one of the best players in the whole league at the moment !!!

Sadly I've been fearing our squad Is not good enough for a few weeks now. Even Bmuffs is considerably stronger.

There is no trash like, Cardiff, hudds or Fulham this season.

Swansea, WBA and Stoke stinking out the PL in 2017/18 (bar too little, too little late recoveries) was very pleasing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously it's a bit of a troll thread, we could all cite our 'worst days' and most of them would be far worse than yesterday.

With any kind of perspective, we have a team to be proud of. We are mixing it and competing in the strongest league in the world - the goal difference alone tells you that.

It is very frustrating though. We left maybe 10-12 even more points out there in the early months when we were playing really well. Those points are every bit as important as those dropped at the end, and you can't always make them up.

Then performance levels dropped for a while, with results still a problem. Then lately we have had some batting displays without winning and the twin failings - finishing, not keeping clean sheets - costing us dear.

While it wasn't certainly the worst day, it did feel like the day that effectively opened wide the door to relegation. And that would have everyone from Bloom to Barber to Ashworth to Potter and the players tearing their hair our, because we have been much better than last season (when really we should have gone down).

Last season 34 points and a better goal difference than Cardiff (not hard) would have kept a team up. It will be nothing like that low this time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Like you, no doubt, I was there. That was probably as bad as it ever got, football quality wise. We literally could not string three passes together.

I was indeed. Surprised to find out though that the game was actually from the 98/99 season, when we were much improved from the previous year (the first at Gillingham). The team that day had some half decent players - Gary Hart, Richie Barker, Stuart Storer (apart from the Gab hat-trick btw, the other goal was an OG by Peter Smith - which must have compounded the misery. Knowing Smithy, bless him, it was probably a calamitous one at that).

1997/98 was the nadir. We were much worse than the final year at the Goldstone. Only six wins all seasons in the bottom division. Only stayed in the league because Doncaster went bust and had to play their youth team!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was indeed. Surprised to find out though that the game was actually from the 98/99 season, when we were much improved from the previous year (the first at Gillingham). The team that day had some half decent players - Gary Hart, Richie Barker, Stuart Storer (apart from the Gab hat-trick btw, the other goal was an OG by Peter Smith - which must have compounded the misery. Knowing Smithy, bless him, it was probably a calamitous one at that).

1997/98 was the nadir. We were much worse than the final year at the Goldstone. Only six wins all seasons in the bottom division. Only stayed in the league because Doncaster went bust and had to play their youth team!

Interesting.

The season before was like a sleepwalk. Yes, thank you Donny. I think I was in shock most of the first season, just glad we still had some sort of a club left.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting.

The season before was like a sleepwalk. Yes, thank you Donny. I think I was in shock most of the first season, just glad we still had some sort of a club left.

Probably the worst game I've ever been to was the 0-0 home draw with Donny on 'Heart of Football' day (Fans United 2). Two absolutely dire teams.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably the worst game I've ever been to was the 0-0 home draw with Donny on 'Heart of Football' day (Fans United 2). Two absolutely dire teams.

I was at that one too. I have a photo of the Donny crowd and recall counting them - it was fewer than 60. I could scan the photo and post it, but I think I'll save it till after the 'we are staying up' celebrations, and the close season navel-gazing threads about how far we've come and how lucky we are now ??? :lolol: :thumbsup:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here