Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the most eagerly anticipated Palace fixture ever?....

Some misery-mongers on this board alright. I bet some of you loved The Smiths too.
Loser mentality does not get respect as some kind of grovelling martyrdom.
Go and lick palace boots but don't pretend to be Albion fans while doing it

I'm a cheerful, happy, positive and optomistic sort of dude, i don't lick Palace arses and if you push me for a pridiction we're gonna put 6 past 'em. But not only do I like The Smiths, but In Rainbows by Radiohead is my favourite album and i'm also a big fan of Durutti Column (if you haven't heard them they make Morrissy sound like Stuart Murdoch of Belle n Sebastian!)

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I wouldn't say most anticipated. I think this coming game is just another chapter in our rivalry. Whether it will be a juicy chapter, well we will have to wait and see. Will it be a tonking for our boys, or will we tonk them. Will it be settled by a poor ref decision. Will there be a sending off etc. Will Ollie be able to handle it? Who knows, but its bragging rights we are all after.

For what its worth, I think the pressure is slightly more on Palace. They are the home team, they are in form. Can they handle it?

I have a feeling that it will be a cracking 2-2 draw, with a Palace equaliser from Murray (using his hand) being allowed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a feeling that it will be a cracking 2-2 draw, with a Palace equaliser from Murray (using his hand) being allowed.

More to the point does Judas celebrate the handball equaliser??

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
More to the point does Judas celebrate the handball equaliser??

I would hope that not only does he not celebrate, but actively tries to convince the ref that he indeed used his hand. The ref then waving Murray away, allows the goal to stand.

A distraught Murray then slices off hand as punishment, but continues to play as the only one handed player in any professional league.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton to get back to back home wins followed by a stunning 4-2 win at Selhurst,you heard it here first.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton to get back to back home wins followed by a stunning 4-2 win at Selhurst,you heard it here first.

That would be very fine. Win the next 4 after that as well and we are back up to the 2 points a game benchmark.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That would be very fine. Win the next 4 after that as well and we are back up to the 2 points a game benchmark.

I feel we are about to embark on another 5 straight wins,Palace will be frustrated by us and we will put in our best performance of the season there,after going 0-2 down..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure I understand the reasoning in some of your posts, so if we were top of the table and Palace where we are, would THAT make you more eager for the game?

I think I'd be less enthusiastic if the positions were reversed tbh, expecting to win and getting beat is even worse, as per last season. We really have nothing to lose, Palace expect to roll us over and even though it would hurt we are semi prepared for it anyway. The alternative is a rather unsatisfactory draw or we knock them off the top of the table by beating them, maybe, which would be amazing. Cannot understand Albion fans not being really really up for this game :shrug:

I waited 30 odd years for these games to come around again regularly! What's not to be excited about?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm not sure I understand the reasoning in some of your posts, so if we were top of the table and Palace where we are, would THAT make you more eager for the game?

I think I'd be less enthusiastic if the positions were reversed tbh, expecting to win and getting beat is even worse, as per last season. We really have nothing to lose, Palace expect to roll us over and even though it would hurt we are semi prepared for it anyway. The alternative is a rather unsatisfactory draw or we knock them off the top of the table by beating them, maybe, which would be amazing. Cannot understand Albion fans not being really really up for this game :shrug:

I waited 30 odd years for these games to come around again regularly! What's not to be excited about?

And despite the fact it's not on Boxing day being in December does add a certain festive historical connection to it,so get practicing those Christmas Carols.

Hark now hear
Away in a Manger

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not really. All a bit normal and hum drum to be honest.

This time last season we played Southampton away when they were top of the table and that was much more eagerly anticipated I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. All a bit normal and hum drum to be honest.

This time last season we played Southampton away when they were top of the table and that was much more eagerly anticipated I'd say.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Exactly this. Going into the game as the underdogs makes a win seem so much sweeter than if you were the favourites. Although I'm not saying we will win, I reckon we might surprise them. They seem to be a bit too over confident.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Exactly this. Going into the game as the underdogs makes a win seem so much sweeter than if you were the favourites. Although I'm not saying we will win, I reckon we might surprise them. They seem to be a bit too over confident.

I don't get all this underdog nonsense, there's no favourites in a derby game.
I'm not over confident, we're playing well, but you've hit some form as well, so it's game on !

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not over confident, we're playing well, but you've hit some form as well, so it's game on !

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Heard you the 1st time :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Blimey WHAT is going on with NSC at the moment ? :confused:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Monday 27th May 2013 will be the big one......Brighton and Hove Albion v Crystal Palace at Wembley Stadium. 96.000 in attendance and Brighton win 3-1.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
We'll need to be at our best and have a bit of luck, but I would absolutely LOVE it if we turn them over.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here