Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is This The End for Newspapers

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I suspect that one or two of you may have had a text sent to you over the last couple of days which has highlighted someones presumed whereabouts. Now i am not going to put that information on line, and you all know what I may mean, but with modern technology working in this manner is this the start of the end for newspapers?

Also folks, please pardon the grammar, but I am on nights. Thee down, one more to go.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tabloids are a crock of shit anyway, too many morons in this society believing everything they read so do things in their life that their favoured tabloid suggests they do....RUBBISH!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
tabloids are a crock of shit anyway, too many morons in this society believing everything they read so do things in their life that their favoured tabloid suggests they do....RUBBISH!

Agreed.
When I come to power, I will BAN all tabloids.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I suspect that one or two of you may have had a text sent to you over the last couple of days which has highlighted someones presumed whereabouts. Now i am not going to put that information on line, and you all know what I may mean, but with modern technology working in this manner is this the start of the end for newspapers?

Also folks, please pardon the grammar, but I am on nights. Thee down, one more to go.

A newspaper would definitely present this in a more digestible manner.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Just a guess but is he talking about the recently leaked news of Baby P's name and family whereabouts?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Yes. Someone received a text here. Something about the names and signing upto the Suns petition.

You can almost be sure that the c**nts who killed and abused baby P will appeal against any sentence based on an unfair sentence/ human rights been abused etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It had better not spell the end for newspapers.
Theres nothing I like more than sitting at the bar of a Sunday lunchtime having a flick through The Sunday Times sports pullout. Well, there probably are a few things I like more, but you catch my drift.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This will not be the end of newspapers. I estimate that to get a newspapers worth of information texted to you you would need about 4000 texts a day on a weekday and for say, The Times Sunday edition about 15000 texts. No thank you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy. that is one of life's great pleasures, but as a front line news service I wonder if papers have had their day.

Naah. If anything, the t'internet was going to kill off newspapers, it would have done it by now though. I get quite SICK of reading off a screen all the time.

Anyway, one day newspapers will have changing text and moving pictures and stuff. I saw it on Minority Report, it was WELL good.

Last edited:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Naah. If the t'internet was going to kill off newspapers, it would have done it by now. I get quite SICK of reading off a screen all the time.

Anyway, one day newspapers will have changing text and moving pictures and stuff. I saw it on Minority Report, it was WELL good.

Richie Morris will tell you that all newspaper groups are laying people off left, right and centre at the moment whilst the internet hits are increasing quite quickly.

The JP offices in Worthing have lost 4 people in the last month.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I sincerely hope not.

Almost all online news services get all their stories from the same agency sources, mainly AP and Reuters. That means they all report the same things in the same words, which is VERY DULL INDEED.

Papers mean diversity - even if some of them are shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here