Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this the best Ask the Club question ever?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"Is it possible to get people selling hot soup etc at half time from insulated backpacks."

trueblue, you are a genius. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
sten_super said:
Did he get the 7-day ban that was being threatened yesterday for that quality question?

Didn't know anything about that- only just seen it- what thread was that in?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Commander said:
"Is it possible to get people selling hot soup etc at half time from insulated backpacks."

Well... thankyou. But it was actually meant to be a serious question. I like a nice half-time soup.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Re: Re: Is this the best Ask the Club question ever?

trueblue said:
Well... thankyou. But it was actually meant to be a serious question. I like a nice half-time soup.

Everyone likes a nice half-time soup.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
brilliant idea. and another way of the club making money surely.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
graz126 said:
brilliant idea. and another way of the club making money surely.

Absolutely. Let's call them 'The Souper Seagulls', and attach a pair of giant wings to the backpack that'd gently flap whenever soup is dispensed.

It could be just the start of a series of innovative and inspired ideas that get the crowds flocking back and the club coffers bursting at the seams.

How about dressing Gary Hart as a giant ketchup bottle and getting him to walk around the ground, offering to squirt tomHARTo sauce on your Withdean chips?

Or getting Messrs Cox, Wilkins, White and Hammond to hand out "Ice Dean Cones" to all the kids at halftime?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Do I sense some sarcasm? ;)

They do it at Old Trafford for sure, and I think I saw them at Luton.

It's not just any old backpack. It's made for the job with a big tube that the soup comes out of.

The guy wearing it looks kind of like a Ghostbuster, though dispensing 'Cream of Tomato' rather than sucking up ghoulies.

Of course, sucking up ghoulies would also be very popular round these parts....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good idea. I like the idea of the mobile refreshments, as it can get rather congested in the burger bar area.

Maybe usherette type ladies in the Family stand. Food for the kids, eye candy for the fathers. :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
trueblue said:
The guy wearing it looks kind of like a Ghostbuster, though dispensing 'Cream of Tomato'

Last time i was in your block they looked more like a consomme crowd

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe we can make it an insulated JETPACK, and the souper seagulls can fly out the tunnel and over to the South Stand at half time. Would make quite a spectacle.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
bhafc99 said:
Absolutely. Let's call them 'The Souper Seagulls', and attach a pair of giant wings to the backpack that'd gently flap whenever soup is dispensed.

It could be just the start of a series of innovative and inspired ideas that get the crowds flocking back and the club coffers bursting at the seams.

How about dressing Gary Hart as a giant ketchup bottle and getting him to walk around the ground, offering to squirt tomHARTo sauce on your Withdean chips?

Or getting Messrs Cox, Wilkins, White and Hammond to hand out "Ice Dean Cones" to all the kids at halftime?

BANG ON!

I well proper want this to happen. NOW!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Commander said:

No,Aids post about away fans was the best ever

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
We did have soup sold at Withdean before. Flippin popular it was too. Slice of french stick came with a nice steaming cup of proper soup (well it didn't taste like the powdered rubbish anyway), all from a proper metal urn. Seemed a bit of a one man outfit though so I guess they were forced out by the purveyors of fried shite that seem to boss the Withdean 'food village'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here