Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
simon Rodger was injured at Middlesbrough just before SC left

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I felt the same Wednesday but some good news is always around the corner. And look at it this way you are still 8th so the play offs are a real possibility :wave:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
It was the same players under Coppell, They are professionals, by now they should be back to best.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Famous Grouse said:
It was the same players under Coppell, They are professionals, by now they should be back to best.

Potentially correct but I forgive them if they are distracted by all the off pitch activity currently going on in a very effective and positive manor.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This side is not as good as last season by a long chelk, but if you take away Zamora, Brooker, Sidwell, Rodger, Blackwell and Kitson ( I know some of those mentioned only played bit parts last year) then it is hardly surprising.

Remember that Grimsby and Wednesday came down with us last season and they are both struggling too.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Famous Grouse said:

What is best? We lost to Barnsley and Colchester and threw away a 3-1 lead with Coppell in charge.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Realistically we are looking at a transitionally period both on and off the pitch. But at least we aren't in any danger of relegation. There will be an improvement in form next season I'm sure.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
well we managed to not lose with Pethick(!!!) in midfield away to hartlepool, and in coppell's last game, I think we had 6 or 7 injuries, including Cullip,yet we still won 3-0
dont use injuries as an excuse, we arent playing well, might be MM's fault, might be the players, but we cant blame injuries forever!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Injuries are not an excuse.

Basically we are playing with a reserve side because the first team players are injured.

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
If and when Falmer gets the green light it should lift the players because they will feel as if they have got a future to play for.
We need to give MM plenty of time to do a Adams style clearout.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Nice wage packet should lift them and they get no sympathy from me.
If i was a player i would say come on lads lets lift the fans and go for it,so what do they do the oposite grrrrrr.:glare: :flameboun

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can't write off the season at the moment. Yep, we're down to 8th but we're only 2 points off 5th. A Falmer yes from Prescott and a trip to Cardiff would make all of this worthwhile.

On the other hand a no to Falmer and continuing to lose to sides like Grimsby could make the season depressing beyond words.

It's all in the balance at the moment.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Guinness Boy said:
You can't write off the season at the moment. Yep, we're down to 8th but we're only 2 points off 5th. A Falmer yes from Prescott and a trip to Cardiff would make all of this worthwhile.

On the other hand a no to Falmer and continuing to lose to sides like Grimsby could make the season depressing beyond words.

It's all in the balance at the moment.

If we get Falmer it will have been a great season. If we don't it will have been an immeasurably disastrous one. Compared to that, whether we get to the play-offs or not seems completely trivial.

That said, we were shite today, I'm still wet, and I'm thoroughly possed off about it. Thank God for the Swan photos, first thing that's perked me up since my triple espresso at the station this morning.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am usually optimistic and refuse to give up but I am feeling that way just now. I know we are only 8th but I fear that we will drop further. I don't want to say that because I believe that we could make the playoffs and gain promotion, but what's the point if we are going to come straight back down again. Someone said above that this a transitional season and I agree with that - we can achieve greatness once we have Falmer.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Seems a lot of people are pinning there hopes on Falmer,I think some of us need a reality check and need to look on the bleak side and consider what may happen if we dont get Falmer and are still playing football the way we are at the moment.

Then if we get Falmer then maybe we can sort out MM and the way he has got us playing at the moment

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Charlies Shinpad said:
Seems a lot of people are pinning there hopes on Falmer,I think some of us need a reality check and need to look on the bleak side and consider what may happen if we dont get Falmer and are still playing football the way we are at the moment.

Then if we get Falmer then maybe we can sort out MM and the way he has got us playing at the moment

It's the worst possible scenario isn't it, that's why I'm trying not to think about it. At worst DK could leave, McGhee would go and no-one would want to come and replace him. Later or probably sooner the club would die. Doesn't bear thinking about but it is a real possibility.

But that's got to be playing on the minds of the team a bit too I would think?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Desert Orchid said:
Good to see some of the players look interested

There was only one yesterday who really looked up for it...

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here