Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this really..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ordinairily thats a sound enough stance.
But we were particularly unfortunate on Saturday to lose three strikers to injury (although I gather Crouch is going to be ok). IDEALLY you'd want your strikers fully fit and playing regularly for their clubs of course, but those injuries on Saturday have pushed us into a bit of a corner and changed the landscape a bit. And Owen would absolutely bust a gut to put in a performance and fight his way back into the squad.

Put it this way - in a tight game, with half an hour to go, who would the Ukraine defenders rather see coming off the bench...Darren Bent ?

Or Michael Owen ?
Capello is doing to Michael Owen just what he did to Beckham in Madrid and Gerrard early last year (when he missed out on the MAULING of Croatia because of a dubious injury and Capello got the best out of Lampard). He doesn't do favourites and doesn't take kindly to players not putting the work in, and quite right too. If he goes with Bent over Owen, he's looking at the long term picture and he's sticking to his principles. That's good enough for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone's gone way off topic here. The WHOLE POINT of this thread was to contrast what a genius Capello is with how SIMPLE he can look sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here