Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this going to prevent Henderson from joining?

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Hope not

From BBC site

Postma may go back to Holland

Stefan Postma is "90% sure" to quit Aston Villa when his loan spell at Wolves ends in January, says his agent.

The goalkeeper, 29, has impressed as deputy for the injured Michael Oakes and may move to Molineux permanently.

"I am 90% sure Stefan will not go back to Aston Villa because some club will pay a small fee and he will sign for them," said his agent Piet Buter.

"Of course, Thomas Sorensen may get injured but, other than that, I do not see him going back to Villa."

Buter confirmed that Postma might also take up interest from clubs in his native Holland.

The 29-year-old slipped down the pecking order at Villa Park when Stuart Taylor was brought in from Arsenal as Sorensen's number two in the summer.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
But Id still prefer Blaney

I would have said that before the start of this season but i think Hendo is the better keeper but would be happy with either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut was told (can't remember who by) that Villa consider Henderson too small.
Apparently there are another couple of keepers there anyway (do a search as it was posted yesterday?)

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I think the majority of any funds we have will be thrown at landing a striker in January who can finish our decent build-up and service.

We still need a keeper though, and because of the striker situation I believe it will be Blayney that we end up signing for the following reasons:

Saints (I believe) are only asking £25K for Blayney, whilst Villa are asking for a 'nominal sum' for Henderson. Hard to define nominal but it could feasibly be 3 times Blayneys asking price. I also believe that one or two other bidders may emerge when it comes to Henderson. I doubt that will be the case with Blayney and his two penalty saves must have raised his stock value with the Albion. My final reason is that he is already here, Henderson isn't. A big factor surely.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Harold said:
My final reason is that he is already here, Henderson isn't. A big factor surely.

Blayney goes back after the Hull game.
Hence having to get Michel fit at Boston so he can be in goal over the Christmas and New Year.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Harold said:
I think the majority of any funds we have will be thrown at landing a striker in January who can finish our decent build-up and service.

We still need a keeper though, and because of the striker situation I believe it will be Blayney that we end up signing for the following reasons:

Saints (I believe) are only asking £25K for Blayney, whilst Villa are asking for a 'nominal sum' for Henderson. Hard to define nominal but it could feasibly be 3 times Blayneys asking price. I also believe that one or two other bidders may emerge when it comes to Henderson. I doubt that will be the case with Blayney and his two penalty saves must have raised his stock value with the Albion. My final reason is that he is already here, Henderson isn't. A big factor surely.

But Henderson is out of contract in the summer and has no intention of resigning at Villa. So Villa then face a tribunal decision, which will not be great for them as he has never played a first team game. So the chances are they will be looking to thrash something sensible out. Otherwise we sign him on a pre-contract in January, muddle throught with Kuipers and Shagnuts until May and then let the tribunal do its stuff in July.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
One thing I noticed on Sat was the difference in distribution between the two.

When Henders was banging on about being the 11th player and so on, I thought it sounded a bit daft, but after watching Blayney I can see what he was talking about.

Not that Blayney was particularly bad, but when he gets the ball and runs to the edge of his box, he didnt release it as quickly and his kicking wasnt the greatest, whereas Henders seems to have more ideas and be a consistently better kicker.

Wouldnt mind either though and AB is turning into a bit of a legend with his pen saves!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well Postma is also out on loan, they have Sorensen and Taylor.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Yorkie said:
Blayney goes back after the Hull game.
Hence having to get Michel fit at Boston so he can be in goal over the Christmas and New Year.

Aha. Thanks for that. Didn't realise Hull was Blayneys last game under the loan agreement.

IMHO it will still boil down to who is the cheapest to bring back though, and I have a hunch that it may well turn out to be Blayney not Henderson.

My personal choice is (only slightly) the latter as his quick distribution suits players like Frutos/Carole.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:
Beach Hut was told (can't remember who by) that Villa consider Henderson too small.

That was an article in the argus where hendo said that villa only liked tall goalkeepers, mainly aimed at o leary. He has no future at villa so its either us or another lower league club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
That was an article in the argus where hendo said that villa only liked tall goalkeepers, mainly aimed at o leary. He has no future at villa so its either us or another lower league club.

Beach Hut told me a while back before it got in the Argus. Someone he meets with the Sunday league junior football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the distribution (punt up to the centre circle) of both keepers Henerson and Blayney is poor. This is where the midgets of the Albion lose out, although they could conceivably pick up the second ball, i.e. the opponents win the header but only head to an Albion player picking up the loose ball. Henerderson is a fraction better, but there is not much in it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
perseus said:
I think the distribution (punt up to the centre circle) of both keepers Henerson and Blayney is poor. This is where the midgets of the Albion lose out, although they could conceivably pick up the second ball, i.e. the opponents win the header but only head to an Albion player picking up the loose ball. Henerderson is a fraction better, but there is not much in it.

And Kuipers is great at kicking?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Henderson is great at throwing the ball out quickly to the wings starting another pacey attack.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think the distribution (punt up to the centre circle) of both keepers Henerson and Blayney is poor.

What are you talking about man? Hendersons distribution is top notch! I think the only thing that Blaney has over Henderson is Blaney will come out of his 6 yard box and collect crosses and attack the ball. Where Henderson wont, but IMO Hendersons distribution and shot stopping is slightly better. Either way both are great Keepers. And we are lucky to *have a choice of the two.

*fingers crossed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got the info quite a while back when Villa came and had a final look at him.

I am pretty certain he is ours if we can agree a figure, not prepared to say who etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here