Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this cold or what?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
They are telling me it is going to be -43C tonight and only rise to -34C with windchill tomorrow afternoon. It was similar this morning - and typically my car wouldn't start, I was locked out of the house, had lost my cellphone, and had to walk two miles to the nearest phone. I now have a touch of frostbite on my ear, and it hurts. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a proper hat.

And they've just come to tow my car away to put it in a garage so it will thaw enough to be able to open the bonnet, which is currently frozen solid.

Great country! Anyway, this time next month I'll be in Nicaragua where it is currently about +33C. And I hate the heat even more. :p

Juan Albion

It's the potential difference in one day that might kill me. I could get on a plane in -30 something and get off the plane at +30 something. That's a change of over 60 degrees in a few hours. Good grief. Who's idea was this?

How you other eastern Canadians doing out there? Brrrrrrrr

Juan Albion

driddles said:
Juan you big baby! Put on your mittens and get over it! :drink:

Ah, balmy Burlington, you guys don't know the meaning of cold. You're only getting down to -31, which is 12 degrees warmer than us. And it's only -23 there now. That's tropical. Come down our end of the lake and see what real cold is.

Anyway, the point was that I got locked out of the house. I didn't have any mittens on. Or a toque. And I was locked out of the house because it was too cold for the automatic garage door opener to function. Bet that doesn't happen in subtropical Burlington.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Here in the tropics our servants carry mittens and hats for us. Today took me 1 hour to do my usual 20 minute drive to work (I work nights so I got the best of the snow).

Garage door not opening is a pain.

Have a whiskey and stay in!

(Give the dog a whiskey too!)

Cheers,

David:drink:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
'The dog isn't with me today. All I have is a young pussy to keep me company.'

ahh ermmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmm how about welll ermmmm

nope - not saying anything....

:angel: