Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this bloke for real?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Argus letters page..Thursday 2nd September

Close Down Albion

A LOT of clubs in the lower divisions such as the Albion are losing money at an alarming rate. Such clubs should close and close quickly.

The death of the Albion if they don't get a ground would be no sad loss.

I would put the onus on non-league football in Sussex, which would be no bad thing.

Crawley and Eastbourne Borough are a couple of progressive non league football clubs who are not far from the Football League

Both have well appointed grounds and are a short train journey or car drive from Brighton. If Albion do go under, perhaps the Brighton board and fans could give their backing to one or both of these clubs.

Falmer should not be built. It would be a blot on the landscape.Withdean cannot be developed and all other sites are unsuitable.

Brighton and and Hove Albion is like a terminally ill person in need of euthenasia. Has Dick Knight got the courage to be the mercy killer?

Before any Albion fans have a go at me. I am only suggesting a remedy.

The people you should have are Messrs. Archer, Bellotti and Stanley. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be in the mess you are in now.

David Broughton
Marine Avenue
St Leonards

That told us then

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:lolol: Pathetic attempt at a wind up, so pathetic it made me laugh :lolol:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
what a fuckin :tosser: mid table in the first division and people are still trying to get rid of us! Im getting well pissed off with all this shit! If prscott doesnt give us a decision soon i dont know what i'll do!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose by his logic, every team that makes a loss should be closed....that leaves...erm...Man United and ....erm......Thats it isn't it?

I agree with him...Close Real Madrid...they made a loss...it would be no loss.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why are we taking this guy seriously ?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the thing is hes probably being serious :angry:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A first rate tosser. I know that the ArseGas are supposed to be impartial but how they can actually print such biased nonsense is beyond me. Broughton must be a complete idiot to spout such rubbish.

:nono:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Who remembers 'Mr Angry' in the Sports Argus? He was a Palace fan, A PALACE FAN, with a column in OUR local paper. He too recommended closing the Albion down.

I hope they go bust and end up groundsharing with Carshalton Athletic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Braders7 said:
the thing is hes probably being serious :angry:

Not a chance. NOBODY is that gormless, are they?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think we are taking him seriously... Andy Gilbert of Worthing recons prescott is stalling to preserve the jobs of Brighton and Hove MP's...he therefore recons we contact every MP and remind him that where his loyalties should lie.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Icy Gull said:
Why are we taking this guy seriously ?
we might think its a joke! but its been published now and whether a joke or not, it backs up those dam nimbeys a treat!:nono:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
just looks like another person against falmer! :angry:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I think he has a point. Let's shut down the Albion and redistribute the 7000 regular fans to other non-league teams (+ approximately 7000 more who occasionally attend games). Then Worthing can have 2000 at every game, Eastbourne could have 2000, Lewes 1500, Burgess Hill 1500, Crawley 5000, Newhaven 500, Horsham 500, Lancing 500 and Southwick 500.

Oh silly me, these grounds are nothing like big enough for all those fans are they?

GOON

:censored:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
brighton_b0y said:
we might think its a joke! but its been published now and whether a joke or not, it backs up those dam nimbeys a treat!:nono:
It doesn't back anything up at all, least of all the NIMBY's. For that you would need a sensible and cohesive argument backed up by facts. This letter is clearly just a wind-up and should be take with a pinch of salt. I'm surprised they Argus bothered publishing this crap as anyone there who thought this person was being serious must be a bit of a div. Or maybe its been a quiet week on the letters front.

Either way, don't sweat it. Letters like this do our campaign no harm whatsoever. They just make the NIMBY's look silly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here