Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a good prezzie for the missus ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I got her one of those ladies warm winter coats from the Seagull Shop. Kind of a light cream colour, with a matching cream-coloured Seagulls badge on the left breast (wheyhey). It was a bit of an impulse-buy, cos I was clueless about what to get her. I think it looks class, but then I'm a bloke, and she's not THAT much into football (although she often nicks my Albion casual shirts to wear).

I've also bought her a bottle of Estee-Lauder Poison, which I'll wrap up and stash in her new coat pocket.

It all cost me a feckin bucketload (£40 for the coat, £25 for the perfume). Have I done the right thing ? Advice/opinions from the DAFT Bints in particular would be appreciated...

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
as graz126's missus i can honestly say uhmmm not really. unless she really likes poison it's definately an aquired taste. the idea sound, stashing stuff in pockets brilliant. woman like surprises but only if they get what they want. did you ask what she'd like notice any magazines lying around at certain pages? actually i'm hoping graz takes hints from my answers!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Poison is, of all perfumes, an aquired taste. Still, it's the thought that counts isn't it ?

I've bought Mrs BHA some Rose shaped earings as she has a thing about roses. I've got her an Obscene Teddybear performing an act that her former boyfiend enjoyed on himself. However, I am going to get her a CD/Radio for her car as she has a manky cassatte player in it right now.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Like the sound of the coat, not sure about the Poison (it's a love/hate sort of fragrance) but impressed that you've bought her something "personal". Laydees like that.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hmm, they are quite smart those coats, its just whether she has the appreciation of all things albion that we blokes have.

Mrs R loves to borrow my clothes too, but isnt that just a woman thing? I think there is a fine line for women between borrowing a nice comfy worn-in albion shirt from your man, and actually going into the seagulls shop and buying one for yourself.

Personally I know I would be in hot water come Xmas day if I gave her that, but top marks for putting the money back into the club, and if she loves you, she will see that you were doing it for the Albion !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks for the comments....she DID actually drop a hint about the Poison a while back and has worn it before, so I know I'm safe with that. And I think the coat itself is a nice one with or without the Albion touch (although that is obviously a marvellous finishing touch). Worst comes to the worst, I can always take it back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Totally pissed off here. Arranged a weekend trip for the missus to Prague as a secret Chrimbo present, and the tickets arrived this morning in a hand written envelope with 'tickets' on the outside along with a Czech airlines logo. Funnily enough she guessed !!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
graz126 said:
as graz126's missus i can honestly say uhmmm not really. unless she really likes poison it's definately an aquired taste. the idea sound, stashing stuff in pockets brilliant. woman like surprises but only if they get what they want. did you ask what she'd like notice any magazines lying around at certain pages? actually i'm hoping graz takes hints from my answers!

ladys. does that mean she wants poison then and stash it somewhere?
:lolol:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
mrs graz definately doesn,t want poison but arsenic in your tea is looking promising!:glare:

I personally would only wear the coat to an Albion match as try not to wear the gear "outside" football. But I am only 22 so what do I know?

Perfume is a good idea. Actually I have nearly finished mine. So if anyone wants to buy J'adore for me, it would be much appreciated!:lol:

You can't go wrong with perfume, bags (YES PLEASE), jewlerry, make up and underwear.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I just bought Mrs R a pair of Fake London jeans off e-bay.

No doubt Dwayne will make my day but telling me they really are fake !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rougvie said:
I just bought Mrs R a pair of Fake London jeans off e-bay.

No doubt Dwayne will make my day but telling me they really are fake !!

Probably but ruining a different thread in the process :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here