Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there really no thread on Littlejohn's latest bullying outrage?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Jesus, you've shown your true colours there. I've never felt someone having a sex change is for my benefit. Fancy rephrasing that.

Perhaps they should lock themselves in doors or at least ring you up when they are planing a visit to the shops.

Chilling.

the point of that specific post is that someone with gender identity disorder (his term) doesnt have to go about physical change, and that doing so is not in any way shape "natural". im big enough to admit gender changes are confusing and can cause fear from some. its a a matter of trust, someone was a man/woman, now they're the other. that confuses peoples relationships with someone. if someone walks past me in the street thats transgendered, i aint going to know. if i meet someone after the op, i'm not going to be bothered. that transistion is confusing, as gender is key basis of our relationship with others on a deeply innate level.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Probably the only time i have ever agreed with a Littlejohn column. As he said, the teachers sex reassignment must have been very confusing for a bunch of 4 - 11 year old kids. He did not condemn the act, just suggested that it would be easier all round if they were unaware of it.
Sums it up for me...anybody can change their gender if they want but in this case we are talking about young children who knew him as a man then find that he has turned into a woman....I read the article and it does not in anyway say that he should'nt have changed sex...just that as he had done he was in the wrong job...too many left wing readers leap up screaming blue murder at an article in the DM and demand someones head...nothing has been proved that Littlejohn had incited him/her to commit suicide.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I really cannot understand why anyone would post anything about this matter on an Internet Forum about Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. Surely there is some Forum for people to post about such matters. What has it to do with football, let alone Brighton and Hove Albion FC?

No, there was no thread before you started one. Why would there be?

You have been here 5 years now. You must have noticed that we discuss anything and everything on this board.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely if the teacher is now a woman, the issue has been dealt with so it is no longer a problem for her, personal or otherwise.

Well the fact she killed herself suggests that the problem continued to a huge degree.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why don't the teachers just teach. Too many views are put into young children's minds by leftie teachers.......let them be kids before muddling there minds.

lol. but not by 'rightie' teachers?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
the point of that specific post is that someone with gender identity disorder (his term) doesnt have to go about physical change, and that doing so is not in any way shape "natural". im big enough to admit gender changes are confusing and can cause fear from some. its a a matter of trust, someone was a man/woman, now they're the other. that confuses peoples relationships with someone. if someone walks past me in the street thats transgendered, i aint going to know. if i meet someone after the op, i'm not going to be bothered. that transistion is confusing, as gender is key basis of our relationship with others on a deeply innate level.

You are uncomfortable about the politicisation of the issue. Nothing more, nothing less.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Once again the 'left V right brigade' attempt to derail a decent discussion because they can't bare to think for themselves.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I can't see how this is anything to do with "left" or "right" - you can be left wing politically without that having any implications for your tolerance (or otherwise) towards transgender people, and vice versa.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Once again the 'left V right brigade' attempt to derail a decent discussion because they can't bare to think for themselves.

Not me I hope. It has nothing to do with politics, but when I see phrases like "imposing their..." I suspect others might have.

I have a problem with the politicisation of all issues like this, as well as sexuality.Never understood the Conservative attitude to homosexuality, because as we know the reality is quite different.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I think for myself. And i think that young children (4-11) should not be taught certain things at that age, and that applies to the right/left of thinking. Just so happens that imo teachers these days are having views pumped into them via there uni training.
All this gender issues etc should not be put into children's minds, especially 4 year olds.
In case you want to put me into another neat little box..... i have nothing against gays, transsexuals or whatever, and luckily i don't have a young child at school having to listen to the right on teachers putting this stuff in their very young minds.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lol as well BF........not many "rightie's" about these days eh, judging by the way the teachers are taught at teacher training these days. :)

Nothing to do with right wingers being motivated by money and self promotion and not very interested in helping others for diminished financial reward.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well the fact she killed herself suggests that the problem continued to a huge degree.

Did her suicide note say she killed herself because she still didn't feel comfortable in he body? I must have missed that part of the story.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think for myself. And i think that young children (4-11) should not be taught certain things at that age, and that applies to the right/left of thinking. Just so happens that imo teachers these days are having views pumped into them via there uni training.
All this gender issues etc should not be put into children's minds, especially 4 year olds.
In case you want to put me into another neat little box..... i have nothing against gays, transsexuals or whatever, and luckily i don't have a young child at school having to listen to the right on teachers putting this stuff in their very young minds.

Maybe you should become a teacher so you can add a little balance to our left wing pinko commie world.

Do you have any evidence of these left wing views being pumped into them via there uni training?

Or is the left wing bias more to do with the fact that people who hold left of center views normally care more about other and wish to do something which is of benefit to society as a whole. I would guess there are few lefties in the financial sector.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
In school and class you have 30+ children all at varying levels of understanding, some would be ready for such discussions and others will not, add to that parents with their own views on what should be taught to their child.
I think teachers should teach and parents should parent. Parents need to educate their child in sex, drugs and all other areas, when they feel that their children are ready for it. And schools should concentrate on getting children leaving school with qualifications.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here