Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anything more naff than street performers?

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
So lucky me then that Shizuoka is home to the Street Performer's World Cup. Five day of jugglers, clowns and face painting.

Call me a miserable sod, but the prospect of another four days, each packed with over eight ours of such "entertainment", doesn't fill me with anticipation. In fact having to pick my way past fire juggling Americans on pogo sticks and Eastern European trapeze artists just to get to work doesn't exactly thrill me. Sadly, the whole wackyness of the German tumblers in pink leotards and their hilarious antics is lost on me.

And what is it with diablos and the people that "do" them? I've known two diablo users in my time, and they were both prize wankers.

Bunch of arse. Won't be happy until it's all over and the last tumbler has tumbled onto the bullet train back to the airport.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
How about people pretending to be statues? Have you got many of them? I f***ing HATE them.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am currently suffering the Drone of a homless person humming through a traffic cone in the namke of busking, it is driving me MAD!

NEVER work in Leicester square!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone who has been down La Ramblas in Barcelona will have seen the "statues" down there, standing on their plinths, only moving when you toss a con into their hats. Doesn't really flick my switch, but the kiddywinks are fascinated by them and the ones I saw gathering round seemed genuinely entertained. Harmless enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here