Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a party-pooper mentality in Lewes

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
It'll get banned soon by the local tree huggers because of inciting racial hatred.

Bring it on i say....i invite loads of people from Brighton over to my gaff where we have a barbie and get to watch all the fireworks displays from the comfort of my patio.

Let's just hope a few of the antiques shops get burned down so they can then f*** off and we can have some proper shops in this god forsaken town.

:angry:

malcolm prescott

Jul 8, 2006
Preston village
will not use any facilites in Lewes that puts any funds into the area in fact canceled an order for an iten over £1500 when LDC first started the opposition to Falmer instead purchased the same item in Brighton for an extra £5 made sure the shop owner in Lewes was aware of my actions and emailed all LDC to inform them the same made no differance wahats so ever and I was £5 worst off but I felt I had a morral victory

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
jevs said:
It'll get banned soon by the local tree huggers because of inciting racial hatred.

Bring it on i say....i invite loads of people from Brighton over to my gaff where we have a barbie and get to watch all the fireworks displays from the comfort of my patio.

Let's just hope a few of the antiques shops get burned down so they can then f*** off and we can have some proper shops in this god forsaken town.

:angry:

Is charcoal grill still alive and well?

Dandyman

In London village.
jevs said:

:

Not sure how burning effigies of white people that died 400 years ago can constitute "racial hatred".

There might be those that view Bonfire as religous hatred but given that even the local RC priest now does not hold that view, it's hard to see those that do making much headway.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Dandyman said:
Not sure how burning effigies of white people that died 400 years ago can constitute "racial hatred".

There might be those that view Bonfire as religous hatred but given that even the local RC priest now does not hold that view, it's hard to see those that do making much headway.

The "no popery" anti catholic brigade will soon kick off...it only takes one as we found out with Firle bonfire a few years ago.

I personally don't give a flying f*** as i hate all religions

Is charcoal grill still alive and well?

And tasting even better after 10 pints of Harveys :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
jevs said:
The "no popery" anti catholic brigade will soon kick off...it only takes one as we found out with Firle bonfire a few years ago.

Bring it on. I'm, a proud member of Cliffe and we've survived for over150 years.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Dandyman said:
Bring it on. I'm, a proud member of Cliffe and we've survived for over150 years.

It would be a bloody shame if it did happen but as said before, the processions are organised by the societies for themselves, not for the show or the public.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
jevs said:

I personally don't give a flying f*** as i hate all religions

And tasting even better after 10 pints of Harveys :lolol:

Burning a caravan full of pikies (not real (unfortunately)) is a bit different from a four hundred year old pope

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
gazwag said:
Burning a caravan full of pikies (not real (unfortunately)) is a bit different from a four hundred year old pope

Oh for f*** sake. I don't give a toss what happens....i don't really give a shit if all the bonfire societies are incarcerated under Lewes town hall with the other martyrs.

I was making the point that some tree hugging sandal wearing liberal....you know the ones, they're trying to f*** up your stadium plans....will say something and it'll eventually get banned.

Burn the f***ing lot as far as i'm concerned...popes and catholics, protestants, bonfire societies et al

gazwag said:
Lewes Bonfire is an event organised by the residents of Lewes for themselves not for the public

I think we should start a fund and get a High Court injunction to stop them from inflicting their festival on the surrounding countryside, terrorising the local wildlife and causing inconsiderate light pollution.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Nemesis said:
I think we should start a fund and get a High Court injunction to stop them from inflicting their festival on the surrounding countryside, terrorising the local wildlife and causing inconsiderate light pollution.
And they must be f***ing up the air quality with all them bonfires.

Dandyman

In London village.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here