Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the park n ride becoming embrassing?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Speaking to west ham fans in the q waiting for the bus back and they couldn't believe it was like that every week. Always going to be a bedding in period but nothing seems to be changing and surely it must be putting off away fans from travelling and leads to people leaving earlier and earlier to avoid standing in the rain for up to an hour.

Worse in mid week and that is when people want to get away quicker

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Speaking to west ham fans in the q waiting for the bus back and they couldn't believe it was like that every week. Always going to be a bedding in period but nothing seems to be changing and surely it must be putting off away fans from travelling and leads to people leaving earlier and earlier to avoid standing in the rain for up to an hour.

Worse in mid week and that is when people want to get away quicker

you have obviously never been to west ham - takes f***ing ages queueing at the tube station.......

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Organisation is the key, when the police bossed the cars leaving the car parks it went very acceptably smoothly, now the stewards are back in charge, the seem to have forgotten what they learned. The P&R should be the jewel in the crown, with the upcoming planning application the club should be doing more to make this smoother. They need to find people who know how to run such an operation, and accept the current situation is compounded by a lack of experience, and won't improve without the implementation of a new system devised by people who have done it (successfully) before.

Have to agree though, it is worse at other clubs, Wet Sham being one of them.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The biggest problem is that now people know it takes so long to get a bus, they leave the ground early.

I personally don't leave before the end, but for thoses with kids if it meant a 5 minute wait or a 45 minute wait I can understand the issue.

Until the club sort it out, then there will be a lot more fire drills.

D

Deleted member 18477

the stewards organising the P & R are useless. thats the issue. the buses are all lined up yet people are waiting to actually get on them!

its not a hard process. stewards see fans coming, they let them get on the bus and then the bus driver drives off and comes back with an empty bus for more fans. after 2 months this should run like clockwork! pathetic organisation is the real issue!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
It also doesn't help when twats park on the falmer road blocking the smooth running of the buses, or bigger twats walking back up the road back to woodingdean.

For f*** sake the buses are free!!!

TB

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
seriously can we moan about anything else, half an hour to get away from the stadium with 20,000 is good !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Incompetence, they have the buses sitting there by the dozen, yet fill them one at a time

Spot on .. I said it to a steward last night and he just laughed .. it's hardly friggin rocket science .. one walks down a line counts out the rough number and then starts boarding a second bus.

As for being better than other places that's no reason at all not to do something about it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
seriously can we moan about anything else, half an hour to get away from the stadium with 20,000 is good !

half an hour? I reckon it was well over an hour last night from the time I left my seat to getting in car - some of the remedies are pretty obvious too

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It also doesn't help when twats park on the falmer road blocking the smooth running of the buses, or bigger twats walking back up the road back to woodingdean.

For f*** sake the buses are free!!!

TB

I assume you have signed the Petiton (top of the board) for a foot/cycle path up to Woodingdean?

Scrap Bennets field (except for Disabled fans, and move 1901 over to the Uni) and therefore have a larger bus/coach park, have people loading more than one bus at a time, make sure the busses are full when they leave, have more busses, Police to control the traffic lights, stop individual cars picking people up in Village way, and what about half price food/discounted drinks after the game to encourage more people to stay afterwards?

Until the club implement at least some of these ideas (and I'm sure there are others) then we'll continue to see a mass exodus at 85 minutes, especially for night games.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've never found it too bad to be perfectly honest, although my one BIG bug bear is still seeing buses leaving with empty seats whilst people are still queueing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would anyone be 'embarrassed'?

"I'm waiting in a queue for a few minutes, and it's raining, and it's dark. It's so shameful, I'm so embarrassed..." etc.

Embarrassing is the buzz word on Nsc at the moment. Everything is embarrassing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why would anyone be 'embarrassed'?

"I'm waiting in a queue for a few minutes, and it's raining, and it's dark. It's so shameful, I'm so embarrassed..." etc.

Because the club made a big thing of making it a 'good day out' for away fans and then at the end of the game stick them out in q with no cover waiting for buses in a completely disorganised system. Add in the fact people are leaving 10 minutes before the end of the game to ensure they get home at a reasonable hour and its not excatly a positive for the new 90 million stadium they want people to come and enjoy is it

D

Deleted User X18H

What a stupid thread. The park and ride is always going to have a few problems due to the sheer size in numbers who use it.

Are you still there now then?

I got to Woodruff Avenue at 10:25 last night on the S Bus and I left on Friends final whistle.

Moan moan moan bloody moan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here