Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the NSC username Gullywog racist?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Is it still the case that many Orstralians refer to germs as wogs ? I know there are board members out there somewhere,so update please.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Or Jigaboos

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seeing as that well know BNP supporter, Enid Blyton has been banned from all public libraries it must be.

Gullywog

Blackbird
Sep 12, 2008
i'd say NIGGULL is more racist than GULLYWOG!!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I thought wog is what the aussies call the greeks.

Yeah, I thought that. There was a film called Wogboy about Greek-Australian's I remember seeing over there.

For the record, as an Ireland born national, I have no problem with being called Paddy. Although I wouldn't stand for anyone calling my Nigerian born friend a lot of things. He jokes about it a lot, but being brought up in Sussex by adoptive white parents, I don't blame him for using humour to defuse the racism he encountered.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In this strange PC World I have, this very week, suffered the accusation of being called a racist.

1st thing last Monday I was called in and handed a brown envelope and told an allergation had been made against me but it was a full 30 hours and 2 requests from the Union before I was told what the 'incident' was.

It turned out that it was a note I put on a record where, in a light hearted way, I used lyrics from various Tom Jones songs (why, why, why - Just couldn't take anymore etc) in regards to a Welsh person.

Some 6 months later another Welsh person, a fellow employee but in a Welsh office has complained of racism.

If they were really offended then I am sorry but you have to wonder if they are in the right job. I'm minded to wonder if it's more a spurous allergation which has caused me far more distress with the way our organisation deals with these things.

My friends and colleages all support & back me and I doubt there will be more than a possible wrist slapping but so many people have spent so much time on this and there's bound to be a lot of bad feeling between management & staff locally.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
One's black, one's brown and one's golden. I thought it might be 'funny' in a sort of 'oh-my-gosh', post-modernist ironic way to have called the black one '******' in honour of Guy Gibson's dog, but out of deference to our black next-door-neighbours (and with a nod to modern cultural niceties) we called him Murphy instead.

What about if you had an Irish neighbours?

I don't have Muslim neighbours and if I do there's no way I am going to rename Mohammed (that's my pet pig by the way).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes - good decision - standing outside your back door shouting "******" probably would not make your neighbours feel very comfortable.

Especially if she was just hanging out the white pillow cases and throwing a washing line over the tree.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In this strange PC World I have, this very week, suffered the accusation of being called a racist.

1st thing last Monday I was called in and handed a brown envelope and told an allergation had been made against me but it was a full 30 hours and 2 requests from the Union before I was told what the 'incident' was.

It turned out that it was a note I put on a record where, in a light hearted way, I used lyrics from various Tom Jones songs (why, why, why - Just couldn't take anymore etc) in regards to a Welsh person.

Some 6 months later another Welsh person, a fellow employee but in a Welsh office has complained of racism.

If they were really offended then I am sorry but you have to wonder if they are in the right job. I'm minded to wonder if it's more a spurous allergation which has caused me far more distress with the way our organisation deals with these things.

My friends and colleages all support & back me and I doubt there will be more than a possible wrist slapping but so many people have spent so much time on this and there's bound to be a lot of bad feeling between management & staff locally.

Its not unusual.............

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No it's not racist and neither am I, but the word just brought tears of laughter to my eyes. Very clever.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
I am still feeling the pain of having my name changed from Sambo to Sam. And yes Safeway it was a "right old hoo har"!

Sambo Sambo Sambo Sambo

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am still feeling the pain of having my name changed from Sambo to Sam. And yes Safeway it was a "right old hoo har"!

Sambo Sambo Sambo Sambo
Jeez did you really have to change it? f***'s sake, you don't have to be a paid-up member of the BNP to think that's a little bit 'political correctness gone mad."'

Let's see:
Sambo - Diminutive of Samuel
Sambo - Midlands term for a sandwich
Sambo - Derogatory term for a person of colour

Only one of those is racist; surely the most dull-witted fucktard could have seen that? Don't bother replying to that anybody as I already know the answer. Probably the same person who complained to Coun. Duncan that the 'White Light' festival wasn't 'inclusive' enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here