Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Johnstone's Paint Trophy now 'important'?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It is as far as i'm concerned.
We've f***ed up promotion hopes - but could still win a trophy. Swindon at Withdean is a decent draw.
Win that, and we're 3 games from Wembley, and the chance of some SILVERWARE.

Bring on the Robins!
:albion2::albion2:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
It is as far as i'm concerned.
We've f***ed up promotion hopes - but could still win a trophy. Swindon at Withdean is a decent draw.
Win that, and we're 3 games from Wembley, and the chance of some SILVERWARE.

Bring on the Robins!
:albion2::albion2:

It's important and I agree we could win it.

Don't agree promotion hopes are f***ed up though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I woudn't call it 'important' I would call it a 'welcome distraction' from the league. I think if we come mid table and win the paint trophy, Adams will be let off the hook... so I suppose in some people's view it could be labeled as important.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I also don't really want to get promoted this year as we'll come straight back down again (if we did). We still could get into the playoffs though.

The good thing about the paint trophy is it is a day out at wembly, and I wouldn't really give a shit if we won or lost. :thumbsup:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I like the paint pot and have always done in its various forms. The games tend to be a bit less fraught than league games and a bit more enjoyable as a rsult, usually because - really, at the end of the day - you're not going to go home gutted if we lose. It's also extra games on the cheap - ten quid total for me and my daughter against more than three times that for a league game.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've always seen it as an important competition, as it's easily winnable and a decent prize fund.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm only here for the glory.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Might be our best bet for a full blown arguement on glory hunters and poor ticketing policy if we get to Wembley in the JPT surely.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Leicester v Brighton final in the JPT would be quality. I'd imagine it's what the representatives of the JPT would like.

They'd definitely have 30,000, and we'd have near that I reckon.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i didnt realise promotion was decided in october? it only takes a 3 or 4 wins in a row and we will be right back up there again...you really are a complete and utter twat ww

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
i didnt realise promotion was decided in october? it only takes a 3 or 4 wins in a row and we will be right back up there again...you really are a complete and utter twat ww

Thanks, but given that we haven't won in eight games and put in some disgraceful performances, i'm not hopeful of us winning 4 in a row and then maintaining that sort of form.
:thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Vitally important ! - ideal opportunity for us to get out of the family stand and watch from the North or South Stand. Also, the kids love evening games too. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here