Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The "insider" Forum Worthwhile?

Richie Morris said:
Gunter has a point in that it would not hurt to say 'negotiations are ongoing etc' because this generally appears in the local papers and what have you.

That said, if it was made common knowledge that a contract talk had stalled, it may affect any approach from other clubs. Im thinking of Everton sniffing after Harding. If they knew contract talks had stalled they could come knocking with a small transfer fee.

Thinking about it I think it is best contract talks etc are left to the club.

Weezle said:
They will know this from speaking to the player's agent anyhow. I think the fans have a right to know what's going on.

Eh?

Players' agents tell the truth about "what's going on"?

I think not. Players' agents are more likely to be drip-feeding rumours all over the place. Sometimes on behalf of the player himself, more often to further their own murky interests.

As for fans having "a right to know what's going on", I suspect that there are some things going on (eg the Harding/Everton rumour?) where even Mark McGhee and Dan Harding don't know what's happening.

And no-one is telling Insider either.

Harry Lime

Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill
Anything that gives the fans potentially more information has got to be worthwhile. If they dont answer certain questions then we havent really lost anything have we?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Voroshilov said:
Come on, any line of communication with the club has got to be a good thing.

This and the fans forums do get some of the questions answered - my only complaint is that often the club doesnt bother to reply to direct letters. (Even if its a "cant comment" reply its better than it disappearing into a black hole - leaving the fans disenchanted)

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
The club should keep its cards close to its chest, when you go to work, do you ask the management out right what there renumeration package is going to be for everyone next year? NO

Let the Board run the club and when the time is right they will duly inform you

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Artful Ninga said:
The club should keep its cards close to its chest, when you go to work, do you ask the management out right what there renumeration package is going to be for everyone next year? NO

Let the Board run the club and when the time is right they will duly inform you

But you don't pay to go to work.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that generally it is a worthwhile exercise although at the moment I have the hump because he hasn't answered my question re the beam back at Corals. I can fully understand him not answering questions that are of either a sensitive or confidential matter but I didnt consider my question to be either.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do you think Cullip, Knight and McGhee would tell you?

We've already been told that the outcome of the public inquiry will determine these contracts. (official site)

I think it is a great forum and the club doesn't have to do it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
gvce26 said:
I agree that the ask the club section is a great asset and must be kept. However I think the answers left by the club need to be a bit better at times.

some of the questions could be better too....

whilst some are blatantly tongue in cheek, some are just bloody lazy

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
magoo said:
What i find annoying is you can't reply to his reply if you don't find it satisfactory.

FFS, do you want to return to the pre 'Insider' days?

The answers are honest within the limitations of revealing private information. There is no spin, no flim-flam and Insider always replies with courtesy no matter how moronic and trivial some of the questions are.

The club offer a service that clubs such as Man U and Chelsea don't despite operating on a shoestring budget, and people still find something to whine about.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Definately worthwile, some questions posted on there are...well (use your common before postin a question ) shall we say...

:nono:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
El Presidente said:
FFS, do you want to return to the pre 'Insider' days?

The answers are honest within the limitations of revealing private information. There is no spin, no flim-flam and Insider always replies with courtesy no matter how moronic and trivial some of the questions are.

The club offer a service that clubs such as Man U and Chelsea don't despite operating on a shoestring budget, and people still find something to whine about.
I can only talk about my personal experience El Prez.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is a great service... however, the club are getting something out of it too, IMHO... they now know what fans want to hear about... and quite a few recent articles on the official site appear to have been prompted by the questions raised on Ask The Club...

Oh, and threads should not be deleted without explanation...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
b.w.2. said:
It is a great service... however, the club are getting something out of it too, IMHO... they now know what fans want to hear about... and quite a few recent articles on the official site appear to have been prompted by the questions raised on Ask The Club...

Oh, and threads should not be deleted without explanation...

Well maybe the Insider also writes for the official site.

*awaits post to be deleted*

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Biscuit said:
Well maybe the Insider also writes for the official site.

*awaits post to be deleted*

Of course he does; he is quite clearly the club press officer.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least 300 people think it's worthwhile.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you want to know why questions have been deleted, ask a mod, who is normally me.

Questions are normally moved because they are repeats, rude or request information that is a private matter within the club.

What we do not want to do is to piss off the Insider and he decides there are better things he can do with his time.

Please think before putting finger to keyboard

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Biscuit said:
shhhh! :lolol:

I was slapped on the wrists last time I said who it is.
Maybe they should let Charlie Oatway do it one day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here