Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the current stewarding / Policing of our home matches good enough?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

With Cardiff and Pompey coming to the Amex within 3 days will they cause more trouble and wreck the Amex?

Will we have more stewards in the Away end than normal?

Is there going be carnage?

Could the BBC film casualty?

Or will our welsh friends be at home herding sheep and our Hampshire mates staying at home saving some cash to pay for a new set of nets?

D

Deleted member 2719

If the Club take the 'mature' approach (CPFC & Millwall visits), Cardiff & Pompey will be allowed to assault staff & vandalise. Naive.

That's what concerns me,i am all for a bit of zero tolerance and water canons!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
To be fair, I think most of the trouble takes place before and after the game, at the train stations and in the town centre. If the police haven't learnt from clashes earlier this season between fans, then heads ought to roll. I've only been to four Amex games - all fairly low-key and uneventful, so can't comment first-hand on how good the security detail is, but I'd be surprised if there's any major flare-ups in the stadium.

D

Deleted member 2719

To be fair, I think most of the trouble takes place before and after the game, at the train stations and in the town centre. If the police haven't learnt from clashes earlier this season between fans, then heads ought to roll. I've only been to four Amex games - all fairly low-key and uneventful, so can't comment first-hand on how good the security detail is, but I'd be surprised if there's any major flare-ups in the stadium.

Your right most of the trouble does happen and the train station and in town,but with Pompey coming on a Saturday i would guess the majority will get on the train and it could kick off at any station on route.I wonder if they will be put on a special straight in and out no stops.

D

Deleted member 2719

It doesnt go on anymore

Cardiff will be ok

Pompey will be mayhem

Still not sure about Cardiff but i agree that Pompey will bring a few extra lads looking for it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still not sure about Cardiff but i agree that Pompey will bring a few extra lads looking for it.

I'm told the Met Police are concerned about Cardiff trouble in London on Sunday.
It may be 'solved' at their new stadium, but away from local Police in the know, i.e. outside Wembley & inside/outside the Amex ... the scum may well be back.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Unless the OB up their game the rail travel before & after the Pompey game will be chaotic.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
It doesnt go on anymore

Cardiff will be ok

Pompey will be mayhem

Will Pompey be mayhem? At this moment in time, NO ticket details for Brighton away are on their website, despite the game being just over two weeks away. No tickets, no direct trains. That should kwash their travel plans. :rolleyes:

Portsmouth Football Club | Tickets | Away Tickets

However, there are details for their game at Reading on the Tuesday before. Rather curiously, Portsmouth Fans can only purchase tickets through the Reading ticket office. Obviously Madejski doesn't trust Pompey & is not going to chance them trousering the ticket money? :lol: Who can blame him? He didn't get to be a millionaire umpteen times over by trusting fly by night shysters. Worryingly, they have stated that tickets will be on GENERAL SALE - No proof of purchase history needed. Any scumbag up for some nwaty stuff can get a ticket no problem.

Which leads onto our fixture against them. Are Albion are in negotiations with Portsmouth regarding the sale of tickets? I suspect we're in the same boat as Reading & won't be sending them tickets without cash up front? (more chance of stepping in rocking horse shit than getting advance cash from Portsmouth).

Importantly, I hope The Albion insist on a long purchase history & sell to season ticket holders & members only.

If tickets go on general sale down there, I can foresee problems, in answer to the OP's original question. Sadly, the 'mature' approach doesn't work for teams with more neanderthal followings. Its sad, but I do hope the police & club have a rethink over their matchday control policies for this fixture.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
With Cardiff and Pompey coming to the Amex within 3 days will they cause more trouble and wreck the Amex?

Will we have more stewards in the Away end than normal?

Is there going be carnage?

Could the BBC film casualty?

Or will our welsh friends be at home herding sheep and our Hampshire mates staying at home saving some cash to pay for a new set of nets?

Absolutely fine in the N stand

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Will Pompey be mayhem? At this moment in time, NO ticket details for Brighton away are on their website, despite the game being just over two weeks away. No tickets, no direct trains. That should kwash their travel plans. :rolleyes:

Portsmouth Football Club | Tickets | Away Tickets

However, there are details for their game at Reading on the Tuesday before. Rather curiously, Portsmouth Fans can only purchase tickets through the Reading ticket office. Obviously Madejski doesn't trust Pompey & is not going to chance them trousering the ticket money? :lol: Who can blame him? He didn't get to be a millionaire umpteen times over by trusting fly by night shysters. Worryingly, they have stated that tickets will be on GENERAL SALE - No proof of purchase history needed. Any scumbag up for some nwaty stuff can get a ticket no problem.

Which leads onto our fixture against them. Are Albion are in negotiations with Portsmouth regarding the sale of tickets? I suspect we're in the same boat as Reading & won't be sending them tickets without cash up front? (more chance of stepping in rocking horse shit than getting advance cash from Portsmouth).

Importantly, I hope The Albion insist on a long purchase history & sell to season ticket holders & members only.

If tickets go on general sale down there, I can foresee problems, in answer to the OP's original question. Sadly, the 'mature' approach doesn't work for teams with more neanderthal followings. Its sad, but I do hope the police & club have a rethink over their matchday control policies for this fixture.

Don`t let the dirty skate cnuts over the border

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i woke up to brighton on tv this mornng, CNN here in germany, feature on the changes in football and the role CCTV has played showing the power of our cameras at the Amex ... big trouble inside is very unlikely!

D

Deleted member 2719

i woke up to brighton on tv this mornng, CNN here in germany, feature on the changes in football and the role CCTV has played showing the power of our cameras at the Amex ... big trouble inside is very unlikely!

Call me old fashion but i can't see how a few cameras can stop some fuelled up lads wanting to wreck the place???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Cardiff there really shouldn't be any more serious problems than today when 2500 fans from the most aggressively homophobic club I have encounteredin a long time seem to have come, watched, lost, and crept home without serious disturbance.

I believe that for Pompey we should follow the lead taken by other clubs and only allow sales direct from our own box office. If we don't we will almost certainly never see the revenue (not being vindictive - it is a simple truth). I would restrict them to no more than a quarter of the south stand, leave a quarter clear, then let our fans have the remaining half.

D

Deleted member 2719

Apart from the deterrant effect what CCTV can do is direct effectively the plod and the stewards to trouble and areas where their is a predictable potential for trouble.

Could they not wade in with battens drawn and rubber bullets, this country has gone so soft!

D

Deleted member 2719

I believe that for Pompey we should follow the lead taken by other clubs and only allow sales direct from our own box office. If we don't we will almost certainly never see the revenue (not being vindictive - it is a simple truth). I would restrict them to no more than a quarter of the south stand, leave a quarter clear, then let our fans have the remaining half.

I like the sound of that just, 500ish Pompey fans.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here