• no

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
A chimpanzee could run the club better than Dick Tight and the chimp would probably invest more money too :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

A fabulous good evening young man :wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strike said:
Oh no not another Beach VS Hut Ernest.

Not yet - he hasn't taken the bait :clap2:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Whoever voted "no" either knows nothing about business or has their heads permanently in the clouds. Of course it is being run well. Under the most impossible of circumstances we have enjoyed our best spell of sustained success in decades. Mr Knight also has a keen eye for a good manager.

Albion Rob

Well, he's not running it as well as, say, Steve Gibson, but at the same time he is running it a hell of a lot better than, say, George Reynolds. He has achieved more success than we could ever have imagined on a budget proportionally lower than the club will have ever had. So I would definitely stick as it stands, although I have always maintained that Falmer will be what defines him.

As said before, not everyone can be Jack Walker, and to that end I feel DK ha done a superb job.

What a shame we managed to get ourselves on the up at the exact time football hit the financial wall.

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well thankyou for your honest replys although thats what i exspected on here to be honest.

The point rearly is you lot are right dick is doing the best he can with zero money,wouldn't put our success down to dick myself more around the lines of managers doing the un-thinkable with piss all money and motivation.

As i have stated we have recieved a fair wad of dosh since we have been at the withdean and also been paying well over the top for tickets etc,to think the club keeps losing money is unreal considering.

I always said there must have been a better way than hire-ing seats at the withdean bloody rip-off.:smokin:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We'll were just about to go into another season in the First Division (or whatever it's rebranded as this time around). Another twenty plus games of selling 7000 tickets when we could easily sell 2 or 2 times that. Plus the local yokels that serve time on the council can't even get their sad and sorry arses into gear enough to cut thru the boules hit and allow the club to stick in an extra 2000 seats which would help ease the pressure on funds. Nobody in their right mind could blame Dick Knight for giving it the big one :salute: and packing it all in to spend more quality time with his grandkids. Instead, he's fighting on the one hand NIMBYs and on the other hand the institutionalised sloth of local and national government to give present and future generations of Albion fans a stadium to be proud of. The bloke's a hero as far as I'm concerned.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Would be interested to know what you think Dick Knight could do differently given the constraints of playing at an athletics stadium with a capacity of 7000, Berkshire.

And I am being serious.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
3 trophies in the last four years (whereas previously we had won something like 3 trophies in eight decades or something like that), playing Division One football, and all on a shoe string budget and an arm tied behind our back because of Withdean.

What the hell else do people want given the contraints that the club is forced to operate under?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Some people are never satisfied, if we had lost at Hereford we wouldn't have a team to support.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Albion won three real trophies between 1910-2000 (FA Charity Shield and two Division Three/old Div 4 championships).

That's three trophies in ninety years.

Then in the last three years alone, 2001-2004, we've doubled the silverware! All under Dick Knight, who has had to work under severe limitations as well, so people should stop complaining and get a reality check!

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Yes, under the circumstances (ie Withdean) its as good as we can get

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
When you consider that even selling out Withdean we only break even on the cash front. He is doing an amazine job. Yes if he had a few billion pounds spare he might do a better job, but at the end of the day he is doing a great job with what he as.

Yes are sucsess might be down to the managers we have had, but who hired this managers? DK in all the time he as been here with the exception of Hinslewood as picked good managers. Yes most of them have used us to get back in the lime light so they can move on to "bigger" clubs but so what.

Ask yourself this, would you take over a club that had no ground, no where to play games the next season, was 1 game away from going out the football league and to be honest was in a right mess? I know that I wouldn't no matter how much I love this club.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I think the figure of £6 million in debt is absolute, complete and total crap, and has been fabricated by someone with an axe to grind against Dick Knight.

I think that 3 promotions in 4 seasons with no money and no ground is an incredible achievement, without doubt the most impressive in the club's history (the 70s/80s glory days were achieved under totally different conditions)

Given the well documented disasters which have befallen clubs who have splashed out mindlessly on players to achieve success, to achieve success without doing so means that, self evidently, BHAFC have to be one of the best run clubs
in professional football.

And I think everybody realises that, and those who post differently on here are doing so just to wind people up!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Have i missed something mmmmm!
If dick was doing a fantastic job we wouldn't be losing money???was the plan to wait 6-7 years for a stadium and get into serious debt,well we all have our views and im not backing down by saying mr knight is small fry for this club and isn't big enough or ambitious enough full stop.
:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
tadley gull said:
Would be interested to know what you think Dick Knight could do differently given the constraints of playing at an athletics stadium with a capacity of 7000, Berkshire.

And I am being serious.
The thing is taders dick just doesn't do enough as the options are neverending.
Was hiring the seats the only option?
Seriously could there not be a deal done i.e advertising the company who we rent em off?

Would it have been much cheaper to actually buy these stands or have em made elsewhere?

I just feel he makes no attempt to get help or try and cut corners!:p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The poll shows almost 90%.I bet Dick would settle for that.:)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
In general, he has done a great job, IMHO...

My criticisms would be...
1. Putting Hinsh in charge - virtually no relevant experience, and Coppell clearly the better candidate... went for the cheap option, and backfired badly...
2. Not getting the extra 2k seats in as a priority this summer - indicates a lack of ability to drive results, and a lack of ambition to bring in more fans ahead of the (pretty please, 2 Jags!) big fat "YES" for Falmer...
3. Teams that get preomoted must invest in team strengthening, or they will go down... we are making the same mistake twice, after the disastrous summer of 2 seasons ago... unforgivable in my book...

The above said, we have achieved great things in the last 4 seasons, and a great deal of the credit for that must go to DK...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here