Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is that it then?

Are we done for the day?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If that is it then I think we've come out ok.

Lost and found....

Bridcutt - Well we really hadn't had him this season anyway have we...injured and then 'not focused', good luck Liam, you deserve your shot in the Prem and it looks like Gus will keep Sunderland up.
Barnes - Big Loss in my opinion but we have bought in 2 Strikers (Obika and David) and have CMS and Hoskins back in a month or so. None are direct Barnes replacements but a match sharp Ulloa is better
Crofts - Big blow but hopefully Dale Stephens will provide good cover
El-Abd - Not replaced as yet but we have Dunk in the short term and could always get a loan if Upson or Greer gets injured

All in all weve protected our position, I wouldnt say weve gone for promotion this season but the gradual building process continues and is more sustainable.

Also, should there be a real need I'm sure Ince can drop back to play CB, as that's where he started off.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think the point a number of our players have made is in bringing new blood to the squad to make it fresh and fiery and to add competition to places, as other clubs seem to have done. That doesn't really seem to have happened, and it's a slight puzzle as to why. I hope it's not on the basis of the possible return from injury of some of our bigger players, as really you can't bank on the form of the physically reconstructed as you can with some bigger names arriving and bringing a new feel to the team. Am happy to have these 2 in and they could offer a little more to what we have, but it doesn't feel like we've gone for it if this is it.
Fingers crossed for something more as the day goes on.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why? Have we lost one?

We have KLL, Buckley and March (and Monakana as back up), in the 'fast/direct' category, and David Lopez and Orlandi in the 'drift about/pick a pass' category. CMS and the David Rodriguez can play the 'out wide stiker', off Ulloa.

What kind of wide player are we desperately missing?

one that doesnt get injured every other week.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'm surprised the club bothered with a live update page on the website if we are only bringing in one player today.

That said, I think the squad looks okay. I don't see the need for another center back personally. We've got Dunk who is a great prospect, why make his route into the side any harder? If we picked up injuries we could get someone in on loan.

When the dust settles on all of the Premier League transfers they'll be players left out of the 25 man squad who we could pick up on loan too. I'm content and evening not refreshing NSC and Twitter for more news would be quite nice too actually!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Burke is hardly going to say yes - because if any possible transfers dont happen - then he would be slated for it. That and if he states he is actively looking for more players, clubs could raise their asking prices.

I think there is more to come.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If that's the case it'll be HUGE disappointment :lol:
Sell a centre back, striker and two times player of the season for £4m+ and replace with Stephens and a freebie from the Spanish second division :lol: OOOH just feel the determination to get promoted, PLR? :lol:

Is Celta Vigo in the Spanish Second Division then? I might be wrong, but I thought they were in La Liga (Primera division).

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I'm surprised the club bothered with a live update page on the website if we are only bringing in one player today.

That said, I think the squad looks okay. I don't see the need for another center back personally. We've got Dunk who is a great prospect, why make his route into the side any harder? If we picked up injuries we could get someone in on loan.

When the dust settles on all of the Premier League transfers they'll be players left out of the 25 man squad who we could pick up on loan too. I'm content and evening not refreshing NSC and Twitter for more news would be quite nice too actually!

Yeah nicely put, but bet you have a sneaky check!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have to admit, it would be a bit disappointing not to get anyone else in, and can't see it as an improvement on what we had before christmas. We are down Conway (loan expired), Crofts (injured), Barnes, AEL and Bridcutt (sold). Stephens and Rodriguez in.

We are also up Obika (loan) and Monokana. We also have KLL and Orlandi back from injury. Leo has had plenty of game time. CMS and Hoskins are back in training.

Oscar is now far more familiar with the squad and the Championship. The players are taking on board and developing under his 'philosophy'. We have a mean defence. We are in the fifth round of the FA Cup, and are being televised, accruing extra money; we have a decent chance of progressing to the next round, yielding more money. If this happens, we'll be one game away from Wembley. After Sunday, we have four home games in a row. We have the highest attendances in the Championship. We'll in all likelihood improve attendance figures as the season progresses. We've just made about £4m in the transfer window. We might make the play-offs -- who knows what happens if we do. If we don't, we'll be in for a settled and fascinating summer to see what Oscar does with the squad.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In the context of selling Barnes, selling Bridcutt and losing Crofts for the season you have to say that's dissapointing.

Our key problem this year has been scoring goals and we have done nothing to improve the team in that guise. Yes I know we bought David but frankly he looks extremely unfit for a professional footballer. He also need to adjust to this league. I very much doubt he will have any impact in the last 20 games of the Season.

So having sold a player for 3.25m and another for 1m you would have some money would be available to improve the team, the board may have decided that we are not going for it this year, then fair enough. The playoffs this year are going to be tough and there is a low chance of us making them so perhaps its not the right time to spend.

However, I do think it is unfair on OGJ given Bloom's statements about anything less than the playoffs being a failure this year.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If that is it then there's going to be many unhappy BHA fans

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me that:

1. We were weaker at the start of this season than we were at the start of last season

2. We are weaker going into the second half of this season than we were at the start of this season.

3. We are nailed-on favourites for FFP's Accountants Of The Year Award. YAAAAY! (if you're an accountant)

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Can't you just picture Burke and Barber sitting down with a big smile on their faces saying " A very successful transfer window. We've had all those stupid customers believing all week that we'd be bringing in some real quality new faces and instead of that we've made a nice fat profit by selling three and only buying one. Definitely a good week's business! Now all we've got to do is work out how much we can raise season ticket prices then sit back and watch them all come flocking back next year!"

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If thats it then they are running a dangerous game when they send out season ticket renewals having shown no ambition to push for promotion. I'm sure they will put prices up and having not invested in the squad the money we have received people might not see us moving forward. Of cours eif we bring a couple more in this aftenroon then its irrelevant but surely it must be a factor to consider.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is Celta Vigo in the Spanish Second Division then? I might be wrong, but I thought they were in La Liga (Primera division).

They are, but has he not spent the majority of his career in the 2nd tier? Regardless, this window is still a shoddy showing from the club if that really is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here