Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is sky REALLY worth it??????

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends if you like the Premiershite - if you do then it is a must.

Cricket is good as well though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I would say no, I've just cut down half my channels and it's still to dear.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I wouldn't pay £400+ to watch football on the telly. If I could afford to spend that much I'd have a season ticket for the albion first. I don't suppose you get more than 2-3 albion games on Sky on a season and that's what I wanna watch.

It really is a lot of money for what you get. It really pisses me off to think that you pay all that money and still have to sit through shit loads of adverts.

I recently bought a Freeview box which gives me digital quality and a fair few channels as well as digital radio. For a one off payment I reckon that's far better value.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I think its a big rip off!! Cancelled my subscription and got a FREEVIEW box, its does the job for me!!!!:clap2:

The only thing I miss is soccer am :cry:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I do the leech - bought a dish and a box and wired it up. I get around 100 of the 318 different channels up on Astra and EB1 for free, including all the BBC's and a few of the music channels. Add that to my cheap analogue cable (a few EUR a month) and I've got a decent channel package.

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
in a word no

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Yup Sky sport is ok but NASN is well good, live baseball, NASCAR, NHL, College (American) Football and some really good chat shows.... only down side is MLS...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not really no.

Too many shit programmes filling the day up.

That said I would be lost without Malcolm in the middle or regular Simpons.
Sopranos and Soccer AM are first class as well.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Incredigull said:
How come ??
They have to pay SKY full whack and don't let you pay less

NTL is more expensive if you just have the TV but they give you a free phone line so you save money that way. It's all crap. I go to the pub to watch the major England and Premiership games but other than that I'm only interested in the Albion. I just can't see how any TV could be good enough to pay £400 - £500 a year for especially when you then have to pay extra for the big boxing matches etc.

Kev the Ape

sky is brillant. :clap2:, love watching the France foot. Watching the French football, with some man who talks non stop through out the programme but the Highlights are good. :clap2:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sky are about to announce a one off £150 installation deal. For this the customer will get all the free channels, which I think is 100 at present, and can update as they like.

This for me sounds the best deal. I come in late form work, or wish to watch something rather than cookery, selling/doing up house programmes during the day.

The Freeview idea is fairly sound, but will never have the same amount of channels avaliable.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dover said:
Sky are about to announce a one off £150 installation deal. For this the customer will get all the free channels, which I think is 100 at present, and can update as they like.

This for me sounds the best deal. I come in late form work, or wish to watch something rather than cookery, selling/doing up house programmes during the day.

The Freeview idea is fairly sound, but will never have the same amount of channels avaliable.

Its over a hundred channels for totally free boxen, and the Freesat deal will POSSIBLY give you C4/C5 and ITV channels.

However, of that hundred, theres well under 50 worth watching. 5 halfway decent music channels, and then 10 always watchable put together from the rest. The others are, well, pap.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Sky is a rip off, I reckon they lose more customers than gain at the moments. Everyone I know has removed packages from their system and most of the complaints are about, not watching it enough, or the movies not good enough plus sky being to expensive. When you add it up over the year its over 500 quid which is a lot of money.

I had freeview installed about two weeks ago and it is good enough for me. If sky want me back again one day then they need to have the following:-

Pay per channels: choose the channels that you want on your package, subscribe unsubscribe anytime you like

Eurosport: Remove Europsort GB and go back to nornal europsort people in this country are being ripped off when the rest of europe gets this channel for free.

Show more games from the championship, and show more cycling

Ged rid of the following irritating idiots
CHRIS KAMARA
ANDY GRAY
RODNEY MARSH

Stop selling products through the stupid red button system, stop telling people that you are contracted to have your telephone line connected at all time and make the arcade games free considering that they are a pile of shit anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here