• Murdoch is a top geezer

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • f*** off Eddie, you twat

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Now cricket is the latest victim after Snooker, Darts, half the England internationals, Golf,big time Boxing etc. have been lost to terrestial viewers.

Cricket is now doomed with the rest, as the average kid on the street will be denied the chance to see the game.

I do happen to have SKY BTW.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nope - market forces

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
Beach Hut said:
Nope - market forces

Just because something is controlled by market forces, doesn't make it a good thing.

In fact, in Murdoch's case, it's a shit thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disagree by a mile - if there is a value it will always be exploited.

Natural instinct.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope.
Sky provide a quality product, and pay the most money for the rights, so they deserve it. If their coverage was shite THEN there'd be reason to moan, but its not. Football is wall-to-wall, coverage of the lower divisions is excellent as well, and their girly newsreaders are FIT as, there's never as munter in sight.

You get what you pay for in this world.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It should be remembered that Sky plough millions into paying for these events.

How much did BBC pay into cricket ? How come we now have the best test team in the world ? Something to do with money I would guess being put into acadamies and grass roots cricket, which in my view is a very good thing.

After all the money will not come from the government.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No.

Test Cricket was 'delisted' as one of the holy grail sports in 1996. Unlike the World Cup Finals, FA Cup Final, Wimbledon, Olympics etc which have to be shown on terrestial.

Therefore it is open to the hightest bidder who happen to be sky. If the Aussies did win the ashes then there would not be such a hoo-ha

Furthermore I find myself agreeing with a comment Danny Baker made ages ago when talking about pay per view footy matches: If you were going to the game you'd have to pay for it anyway so why should you watch it or free?

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Murdoch is a slimey little spiv. End of.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not Sky's fault but I wish there was some proper competition. I think ITV & BBC are thinking of creating a rival pay per view network, and that can't come quick enough for me.

I'm not a fan of Murdoch but I could easily argue that if anyone has RAPED British sport, it is the BBC and ITV. For decades they formed an unofficial duopoly forcing the football league to accept peanuts for their product. The result of which (in part) was antiquated stadia and near bankrupt clubs.

Also, what about the sport governing bodies themselves. Rugby League and Cricket bosses have a lot to answer for - they are two sports that need exposure and should have realised that money isn't everything. They should have been cleverer as to how they carve up the rights to matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here