Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Poland really fit to host 2012 Euro's?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have had some really nasty experiences at Poland v England

1991 (trouble all over the place)
England Away: A v Poland (Poznan) 13.11.1991

1997 (worse than 91 and I found out how much truncheons hurt!)
England Away: A v Poland (Katowice) 31.5.1997

1999 (trouble in the ground was really bad - flares & rocks launched into the England fans)
England Away: A v Poland (Warsaw) 8.9.1999

2004 - a much improved experience
England Away: A v Poland (Katowice) 8.9.2004

So who knows what it will be like. For the first time I am considering not going to a finals tournament if England qualify. The only thing I can say that is outside of the football Poland is a brilliant place, Krakow is one of the best places I have been to. Its just the match days are NO fun at all!!

Would like to go to the Ukraine again as we had a good laugh there

England Away: A v Ukraine 10.10.2009

One of the big problems will be travel between games and accommodation.

Not what you'd call a fast learner are you mate ? :lol:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Never been a great follower of England myself, always rather spend my money on Brighton, but I'm still very tempted to travel out to wherever England are playing and soak it all up on the big screens and so on.

But as you say, went to Krakow earlier this year and had a wonderful time, probably one of the friendliest places i've ever visited and a lovely city. Was a bit apprehensive at first but would love to go back, plus beer at £1.50 for well over a pint. Football out there as you say seems to be a completely different issue though. One day ended up on one of those free street tours, which was great, but even the guide himself said things turn nasty out there when the football's on, as we asked about getting tickets to a Wisla game. That same evening there was a game, and as stereotypical as this sounds, it wasn't the sort of football match i'd be keen on attending. A LOT of people suddenly appeared who you wouldn't like to cross in a dark alley, balaclavas et all, and this wasn't a derby game of any sort.

Either way, it'll all be sorted one way or another, shame Krakow wasn't chosen as one of the cities. Hoping England get drawn in Gdansk, as that looks another interesting place to visit.

And to think that Glasgow Rangers get the book thrown at them for singing. UEFA will and always will be heavy handed on British Clubs and on that note there is a new organisation called FARE (Football against Racism in Europe), an unelected organisation who on this occasion, when Rangers played PSV Eindhoven, their representative from FARE compiled a completely separate report. Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.....you have been warned !!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here