Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Peter Crouch the most ungainly footballer ever?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Chesney Christ said:
God, he was awful wasn't he? How on earth were we ever so bad that he won player of the season?!?!?

He always seemed to try, though, no matter how utterly inept he could be. I believe I have witnessed some (used lightly) excellent performances from the Smithmeister. Not that I can remember any of them atm ???

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Has to be Carlton Palmer for me. At least Crouch is good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Crouch is more of a gainly freak.

Sir Anthony Rougier :angel: :bowdown: was pretty ungainly. Scored with just about every part of his body during his short stint with the Albion :lol:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
eastlondonseagull said:
He always seemed to try, though, no matter how utterly inept he could be. I believe I have witnessed some (used lightly) excellent performances from the Smithmeister. Not that I can remember any of them atm ???

Wigan away the Hereford season when some fans got in the very small seating stand at their old ground and got Bellotti thrown out for being the complete and utter grade A wanker that he is.

Our Smithy gave 100% that day, charged up the wing from right back in a manner very reminiscent of Virgo at his most agricultural; and forever won himself a place in my heart.

If we are talking ungainly footballers then surely the nickname we gave Mark McCammon says it all???

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Screaming J said:
Wigan away the Hereford season when some fans got in the very small seating stand at their old ground and got Bellotti thrown out for being the complete and utter grade A wanker that he is.

Our Smithy gave 100% that day, charged up the wing from right back in a manner very reminiscent of Virgo at his most agricultural; and forever won himself a place in my heart.

Memories :drink:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Used to love smithy 'romping' up the wing in the bad ol' days. Didn't he score in the last home game of the season when he won player of the season?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The smithster had one really good season then was pretty average after, he was always popular as he always gave it 100% david webb was pretty ungainly as well as absolute gash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here