Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is our team really a bunch of nasty bast'ds

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
All the stats and cards suggest we're top of the league when it comes to dirty play. The opposition supporters give us plenty about us being dirty... today being a prime example if you read Burnley's forum. I always gaze thru blue and white specs but I can honestly say I don't think we're a team of cloggers... but do the facts lie?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
5 fouls (FIVE) today from us (2 yellows)
12 fouls from them, 5 yellows

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
After a comment from one Burnley fan about our diving,I managed to keep my mouth shut but a few moments later late in 2nd half one of the Burnley players majestically performed a dive straight out of Swan Lake in the penalty area.Up went the numpty,penalty he screamed.He looked at me and I said,Gold medal actually,best dive I have seen in years.When his mates started laughing he decided to sit like all good dogs do when they know they have been naughty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
" Gus Poyet, your team's a disgrace ". Burnley fans are f***ing idiots.

Yeh really wound me up those monkeys singing that. Really have it in for burnley now after these two games. *****

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
If anyone saw the Leeds performance this afternoon then they would know what a dirty team look like. They could have ended up with 8 on the pitch.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hope their Neanderthal fans get the welcome they deserve at the Amex next season. Make them Cat A (or is it Cat 1?) so they have to suffer extra policing.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
5 fouls (FIVE) today from us (2 yellows)
12 fouls from them, 5 yellows

Hay Easy 10. Did you see in the week they have discovered that the Mouse Eared Bat is alive and well in Bognor having been written off in this country for many years. Largest species we (now) have they say. Does the size of bat or indeed bat ear increase the risk of vehicle/bat collision?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a strange phenomenon - we aren't a dirty team, but we get to play in dirty matches. We might have committed the most fouls in the league, but in every match (or nearly every - there might be the odd exception) there have been more fouls committed against us than we have committed.

Obviously teams have worked out that the best way to counter our skilful play is to 1). kick us off the park, and when that doesn't work, 2). fall over and scream blue murder. I think referees needto get a grip...............

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's a strange phenomenon - we aren't a dirty team, but we get to play in dirty matches. We might have committed the most fouls in the league, but in every match (or nearly every - there might be the odd exception) there have been more fouls committed against us than we have committed.

Obviously teams have worked out that the best way to counter our skilful play is to 1). kick us off the park, and when that doesn't work, 2). fall over and scream blue murder. I think referees needto get a grip...............

Surely the refs are getting a grip if they are awarding more fouls and cards against the opponents in our matches?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hay Easy 10. Did you see in the week they have discovered that the Mouse Eared Bat is alive and well in Bognor having been written off in this country for many years. Largest species we (now) have they say. Does the size of bat or indeed bat ear increase the risk of vehicle/bat collision?

Oh I'd say undoubtedly.
Big bats, big old floppy mouse ears unbalancing them in flight. Its a collision waiting to happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus is a foreigner and they don't understand foreigners in Burnley, therefore he must be a dirty bastard.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Our average foul rate is 10 per game and the opposition commit 13 fouls against us on average.

FootStats - Complete UK Football Statistics Analysis - League Tables

This actually makes us the most fouled team in the Championship. (We could be accused of diving?)

The most fouling team is Portsmouth followed by Leeds, but Leeds are more fouled against.

The cleanest team (least fouls) are Blackpool. The least fouled team are West Ham.

We get one booking every 5.5 fouls, the lowest ratio shared by Reading. Hull have one booking for every 10 fouls.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Reading do not look like a dirty team , they look like they try and play football.........unfortunately the whole fouls against,yellow and red cards etc. is a f***ing lottery given some of the refereeing performances in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here