Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IS NSC representative of Albion fans?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have seen it written a few times 'NSC does not represent the views of most Brighton fans'.

However, there are now 11,500-odd members, and 5,500 'active' members whatever that means. That seems to me quite a lot.

I suppose there could be all sorts of sub-sectors of fans, including those without internet access (increasingly a minority, presumably).

What do the great and the good think - is it representative, or a minority strand of opinion that shouldn't have too much attention paid to it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just a minority although some people think they are the voice of the Albion but are somewhat deluded to say the least.

However has it uses for all the various Falmer campaigns and REMF which has been very worthwhile.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just a minority although some people think they are the voice of the Albion but are somewhat deluded to say the least.

However has it uses for all the various Falmer campaigns and REMF which has been very worthwhile.

:thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It might have the majority of fans on its books, but that doesn't mean they all express their opinions or are that much in the mood to. It is often the loudest who know the least, and i include myself in that collection of foolish hollerers.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think it is fairly representative. A spread of posters. Obviously there will be a bais towards younger fans which will skew the numbers slightly but on the whole it seems to have every kind of fan from expats, to young teens, to older fans, adults, family men, women, etc etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do you mean fans or supporters ?
I see supporters as those who "support" the club in attending matches , fans are those who have an interest in the club and want them to do well.

I would say there are far more fans than supporters on NSC

In that respect NSC does not represent the views of most Brighton supporters. but may well do of the fans.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Obviously it doesn't represent ALL fans, because not all fans are on it.

It provides a decent cross section of our support on here, all different age groups and types of fan. I think most opinions possible for a Brighton fan could be found on here somewhere.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see supporters as those who "support" the club in attending matches , fans are those who have an interest in the club and want them to do well.

In that respect NSC does not represent the views of most Brighton supporters. but may well do of the fans.

Good point and a fair distinction, although these are not two entirely separate groups, and there is a very big crossover between the two.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

It's just not that black and white is it. What if you go to, say, one game a season ? What, like me, if you went to the Goldstone for years, had a season ticket for Gillingham, and the first 6 years at Withers, but have not been for 3 years.

Personally, I don't do the "superfan" thing, if you have an interest in the club and want us to do well, I don't care if you never go to a game or go to every one home and away. Admittedly, if you show some commitment to the club, you should get ticket priority etc. but apart from that, nah.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its handy for gardening tips and promoting second rate radio shows.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's just not that black and white is it. What if you go to, say, one game a season ? What, like me, if you went to the Goldstone for years, had a season ticket for Gillingham, and the first 6 years at Withers, but have not been for 3 years.

Personally, I don't do the "superfan" thing, if you have an interest in the club and want us to do well, I don't care if you never go to a game or go to every one home and away. Admittedly, if you show some commitment to the club, you should get ticket priority etc. but apart from that, nah.

I’m purely commenting on the the fan/supporters base of the Albion on NSC,
There are a lot of posters on here that are not Albion supporters, Paxo, Candles, Redneb moonraker ect.

NSC is not purely made up of Albion supporters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it is more representative than any other of the supporters groups, particularly the supporters club.

D

Deleted User X18H

What do you mean? You really are giving it large today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here