Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Nicky Forster's Name Really So Hard To Pronounce?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You'd think not, but Norman Gall calls him "Nicky Foster" and the co-commentator on SCR today is calling him "Nicky Forrester", so perhaps it's harder than us mere mortals think.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
You'd think not, but Norman Gall calls him "Nicky Foster" and the co-commentator on SCR today is calling him "Nicky Forrester", so perhaps it's harder than us mere mortals think.

get on FML and gimme a friendly innit ;)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
norman gall is BRILLIANT

if he says his name is foster, then it MUST be foster

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think its an age thing.
My dad (in his 60's) is always calling him Foster as well.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I don't know if the woman on the PA at Crewe today got his name wrong, but she was shocking. If I heard her tell me something was mine again I could have screamed - "here are your teams, your match sponsor is..., your referee is, your linesmen are". How about just saying 'the'??

And I can't believe Norman Gall still hasn't worked out he's called Forster. It's also weird that people get it wrong because he's not exactly an unheard of player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shitty woman announcer. I gave up trying to hear the half times.
Daft northern bint.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The announcer pronounced just about every players name wrong, oddly enough except Forsters! When their player, Eugen Bopp was subbed, she called him Egg-enn, FFS, can't even get the names fo her own players right LOL

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I struggle with El Habd and Michael Keepers myself :jester:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
She was a disaster, I guess it was her first time, but you would have thought she at least would know how her own payers names were pronounced, and things like McLeod, surely if you have the job of announcer, you should be able to read a name like that? And for the others, Kuipers etc, you ask,surely?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here