Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is my mate a heartless git?

Is my mate a heartless git?

• Yes, he deserves to spend the rest of his life without anyone

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Sort of, he should have had the guts to dump her face to face when he made the original decision

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • No, they are both adults and that's life so hard cheese

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I lined a friend of mine up with a girl I work with. They hit it off well and it was full steam ahead but then all of a sudden he said he had some very important work on and could not see her for a while.

She then spent a month asking me was he serious, had he dumped her etc. etc., to which I answered I did not know as I had not seen him for a while myself.

When I finally met up with him he said that he had 'sort of' dumped her, without actually telling her, and that he would deal with it the following day

Here is the e-mail that she received from him the next day, and she wants the world to know what he is really like:

Dear xxxxx
I saw El Pres last night and he is very concerned about you and the fact that you are being held in a state of limbo regarding our relationship. I am responsible for this and not happy that it has happened. I don't want this situation to continue as I do not think that it is fair on you. It would be better if we had some certainty and said that there was no future for us rather than the continuing uncertainty that is making us both unhappy.

I know that you deserve better than to be treated like this.

Please accept my apologies for any hurt that I have caused.

Do you think she deserves more than an 8 line e-mail to dump her?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Usually sending an e-mail is very crass, but under some circumstances it may be acceptable. How long were they seeing each other and how serious were they?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I dumped a bird by Text Message once....was getting her back as she done that to me some months earlier :lolol:
Another one I tried to break up with over the phone (she lived in London so could'nt really do it to her face), she started crying and said "chat to me online" so I had no choice but to dump her through MSN Messenger....the joys of modern technology!

Next one is gonna be a live IRC chat whilst I'm orbiting the Earth in the International Space Station :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I've recently been the victim of a similar scenario. I was kept dangling for a fortnight while the girl I had virtually lived with for the previous three months made up her mind whether she wanted a serious relationship or not.

It was horrible, but when it eventually collapsed I blamed myself as much as her. It was obvious as soon as she cooled that it was all going to go tits-up, so I should've sorted it out there and then instead of allowing her to f*** me about for a couple of weeks.

Perhaps the girl you work with should've sorted things out as soon as it was apparent that there was something wrong instead of letting things drag on.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I get the impression this was not a long term thing, more very short term.

Reading that seems ok to me in this scenario. At least he told her rather than mess her about!

All depends on what stage this "thing" was at!

:clap:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems fair enough to me. If they havnt seen each other for ages this seem the best way to end it. if he'd met up with her, either he would change his mind and so the current relationship would carry on, or she'd be more upset having expected that meant everything was going to be good.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
sounds like a short relationship that she was placing more hopes on than him..... should have been done in person - or at least over the phone - but better than nothing...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Women don't have feelings. She should be grateful she got that at all. Not as if she would think twice before going out and shagging his mates if she wanted to.

Women, they aren't worth feeling guilty over

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Think we are missing the point guys this girl is now single!!:banana: :dance:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did he cc anyone in on it ? Maybe El Pres, or some other mates ?

That would have been quite amusing.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Its closure. Thats what she wanted. Thats what she got. She now knows where she stands.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He told her he loved her in order to get his brown wings, then, having added it to his 'I Spy' book of dodgy sexual practices, lost interest rapidly

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
El Presidente said:
He told her he loved her in order to get his brown wings, then, having added it to his 'I Spy' book of dodgy sexual practices, lost interest rapidly

in that case it's harsh.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
El Presidente said:

and you're getting the low down from both sides of this non-relationship? I don't envy you !! :lolol:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
El Presidente said:

Now that is rather naughty. I thought he was behaving alright until you added this bit, but now he's clearly a tosser and I shall vote appropriately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here