Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Murray more effective without Forster alongside him?

Is Murray more effective without Forster?

• Yes

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Fence

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Together they are quality, and at the moment I would say Murray is better with him in the side. BUT, in matches without Forster in the side Murray has looked equally as good; the impression I get from him is that he prefers the limelight of being the star/sole striker in the starting XI. It's almost as if he owns the front line when Forster's not their, he rides the responsibility and tries to dictate the show; with Forster their he can look a little more cramped in his position and a bit less willing. Despite that they have proven they can be a superb partnership at this level and complement each other well.

SO...

Is Murray better with Forster?

Would he be better with Fleetwood/Anyinsah?

Would he be better on his own with two attacking midfielders feeding off him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Together is better overall for the team.

I think some people on here have forgotten just how good Forster is.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was trying to work this out on Saturday, when Forster isnt about, Murray scores and gets more of the ball and scores more, but when Forster does play, Murray is involved in the build up more, and assists Forster for the majority of his goals.

I think Murray and Fleetwood is probably going to be the best partnership, but I wouldnt drop Forster, maybe all three at the same time could work.

Murray and Forster does work, but Murray has done exceptionally well without him, so I guess if I was pushed to get off the fence, I'd say WITHOUT Forster.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think it just so happens that he's come into form as Forster has been out injured. I personally can't wait for Fozzy to come back, I think we'll do really well when he's back.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Interesting point.

However I would say together based on the fact they can both score goals and are PROLIFIC.

I dont think the same can be said about Fleetwood or Anyinsah (thats not to say they dont have other strengths of course)

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Toughy. With a run in the team together, I think they could fire us up the league.

Murray has been exceptional without Forster, though.

How much of that is down to Anyinsah, who has also been playing well?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I think that Murray has played better since Forster has been injured because the way we play when Forster is fit suits his style of play and not Murray's, but I would still play both when they are fit.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Forster is the captain and the most influential and experienced player in the team.

We are a team that are limited to basically 2 goal scorers. Goals very rarely come from elsewhere. If one is out, then the other is bound to grab the headlines.

When both are in the team, I think Forster is still the better player...

Sep 5, 2008
In my honest opinion Forster outshines Murray when they are both on the pitch. His work rate, ability to wind up opponents and general contribution is greater. I think Murray has really pushed on though under Adams and now is his chance to take centre stage

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Good question. They're both so much better than anyone else we have, and for me are both in the top 6 strikers in league one, so I don't think you could ever leave one of them out when fit. That's not to say Glenn isn't better without Forster though I suppose. On balance, I'd say NO. What I'd really like to see is them both on a scoring streak at the same time. They've both had plenty of them before, but never really together. If that happened we would win literally EVERY game.

Indeed. They're both phenomonally good aren't they? I still wouldn't swap them for another strikeforce in the division.

I think Murray is better WITH Forster. I LOVE Murray, but because he is a little slow and his work-rate is "economical", Forster's extra pace and superb work-rate compliments him perfectly.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Forster in his PRIME would have been a great foil for Murray but I think he (Murray) has shown his best form in the games where he has been upfront on his own or with a partner playing deeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here